Do you store your Max wet or dry?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you store your bike with wet or dry carbs?

• I drain my carbs before storing

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • I fill my carb with just gas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I fill my carbs with gas and SeaFoam

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I fill my carbs with gas and Stabil or other

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • I refill them every week or so

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • I leave it alone until I ride it again

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters

naughtyG

Reaction score
Ok here's a poll. How do you all store your bikes? Do you keep the carbs wet or dry? Do you use SeaFoam or Stabil or something else? Do you keep refilling your bowls or let them go dry?

Let's get the vmaxforum statistics in action :punk:

wet. No stabil. It only sits for about a month anyway. I sneak out and ride it in the cold provided we're snow free. I just make sure I have a full tank of 87 octane in it. The higher octane stuff breaks down faster. Not that I use it anyway.

stabil and some sort of 'carb cleaner' i use about 2/3 th eamt of stabil they recommend and just a dash of carb cleaner whatever it may be.

turn the key as much as possible. not stored at my house but my buddy turns it for me when he remembers too. probably every 10 days on average.

I normally do the gas/ seafoam deal but this year the engine is coimg out and headed to Sean sometime in mid winter to get geared up!:eusa_dance:

I normally do the gas/ seafoam deal but this year the engine is coimg out and headed to Sean sometime in mid winter to get geared up!:eusa_dance:

I like the BG products...Supercharge II for fuel stability and 3 treatments of BG 44K in the spring.

I cycle the key about every week to keep the carbs full all winter.

I park it in a dry heated garage,and when temp breaks 35, I RIDE IT!and if it doesnt break 35 I fire it up and do burn outs in the dry heated garage every couple weeks.

looks like today may be the day she gets stabiled and stored for the winter! i usually add the stabil, run the bike for about 10-15 mins, remove the battery, cover the bike and see ya till about april. been doing this same procedure for the last 8-10 years with no problems. bike has always started in the spring and usually runs great. once i pull it out in the spring i usually take it to the dealership and replace all fluids for the upcoming riding season. i do this for all 4 bikes and the only one that seems to be a problem is the ole ladies marauder. thats going for sale this spring anyway-she's movin up to the 89 max next year!

later odieoh24

Top off tank, add stabil, run for 10-15 minutes.....start up every 2 weeks ( just cycle key if temp is below 10 deg. F. ....Keep on battery tender. Batteries only seem to last 2 to 5 years for me in all my vehicles.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back