Does anyone know...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OU812

Reaction score
I have access to to an 83' Yamaha Venture for as many parts as needed or the whole thing if need be... What I was wondering is, if some of the motor case panels, such as waterpump, mid-gear, stator, would be the same as some of the case covers on my 98' Vmax. Thought of having some of these powder-coated or polished or chromed etc... ALSO <<< Would the whole carb rack and intake boot systems be worth boxing up as well ? To have these parts on hand would be great. already snagged stuff like the coils, carb dias, and shit loads of metric screws n bolts... Anyone know of the this ? (Sean...):ummm:

You can use the engine engine if you wanted but they are lower compression. No cross drilling on the crank. The clutch cover isn't as deep so won't fit on unless you move over the inner basket and clutch pressure plate. BUT, the older ventures (1200's) have a coil spring setup so you can get a barnett spring kit and have a coil spring conversion. The covers are also "rounder" and not the sharper lines the vmax has. The mid gear cover does not have the hole for the shifter to pass through so you won't use that.

Carbs are smaller so could maybe make more torque but at a loss in overall HP. Heads and cams are junk. Trans is the weaker style but usueable until 2nd gear goes out. The rear diff won't fit (I don't think) and most of the chassis stuff isn't worth using.

Sean

great info... not what I wanted to hear, but... saved a bunch of wrenchin' for nothin, . I was only lookin for cosmetic parts except for the carbs, but might grab them for experience alone. thanks a million... :Flush000: that idea...

Latest posts

Back