Dominator Cat delete question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rifleman

Reaction score
Good evening, I recently purchased the Dominator cat eliminator for my 2010 and am wondering if the EXUP should be removed, it appears that the EXUP is in the cat but I haven't got it completely taken a part yet. Also, any tips as I remove the cat and install the Dominator pipes?

I searched the forum as well as the internet but didn't find anything helpful.

thanks in advance,
chuck

I haven’t dealt with the dominator mid pipe, but the exup valve is inside the cat. When I installed my hindle system and removed the cat I just disconnected the cables from the exup motor behind the rear fender and left the motor.

Correct, exup is in the cat so those two cables running from the exup motor (behind rear fender on right side) can be removed as well as the exup motor. Not sure if the ECU will give a code but a reflash will fix that. Invest in a set of ball end, extended allen sockets & it'll make life much easier. You'll Also need to loosen the front allen exhaust bolts. Don't forget the crossover pipe underneath the oil pan.

AFAIK it was possible with a resistor only
I am running the Veloceraptor full pipe 4-1 with Kerker 3.5" can and 2.25 exit straight flow thru and a Guru tune, no warnings of ANY kind. No CAT, no EXUP. Yup, its LOUD.

Thanks all, finished it today, your help made it pretty simple. it is throwing an engine light, likely due to the exup servo as I removed it. Will do the guru flash in the future, runs great and i like the sound, still stock pipes.

thanks again

Latest posts

Back