Drag Racing for fun

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I took my stock 2015 bike drag racing in Gulfport MS and found out I suck but I have no experience other than that night doing so 🤷🏻‍♂️… Is this ok for stock gen 2 vmax?
Was running just 93 octane & Metzler 888 tires
IMG_8728.jpegIMG_8734.jpeg
My 2 best runs of 5 total that night… The stretched Hayabusa with racing modifications smoked me 🥲

Someone in stands sent me the video from different view of same video above

View of the line up area

IMG_8719.jpeg

I had some fun 👋🏻

1725059406737.png

You should be trapping much higher mph's even if your elapsed time is slow from a poor launch. The times you are are similar to what a decent running gen 1 would be. You should have MPH's in the 130's at least! Keep practicing and make sure you're using all of the throttle and not shifting too soon.

You should be trapping much higher mph's even if your elapsed time is slow from a poor launch. The times you are are similar to what a decent running gen 1 would be. You should have MPH's in the 130's at least! Keep practicing and make sure you're using all of the throttle and not shifting too soon.
Yeah I only got 5 runs in before heading out. Still very new at it but felt like rpm restrictions were taking over way sooner and not really letting me get to red line so I started shifting at like 9kish or is that bad?
I really should get a ECU flash done to take the collar (muzzle) of the beast 😅

Yeah I have messed with that but I mean the factory limitations they seem to put on bike leaving factory
On my bike, when I first got it, I played with those. 9500, 10000, and 10500 were my selections. Mine would rev limit at the set limit I selected. I think yours may be selected at the 9500 limit. I have mine set at the 10000 limit.

On my bike, when I first got it, I played with those. 9500, 10000, and 10500 were my selections. Mine would rev limit at the set limit I selected. I think yours may be selected at the 9500 limit. I have mine set at the 10000 limit.
Pretty sure this setting is for when you want light to come on to tell you to gear up and doesn't limit your rpms… correct me if wrong

Back