Drag Racing for fun

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only been at the dragstrip one time before, we got in 5 runs that night I believe. The best time I had was the 10.726. I wanted to go back again over the summer but things simply got in the way of doing so. The other bike was a friend of mine on a Gen2 as well! :)

:)View attachment 95804
Did a 10.3x at 145mph on Friday night. And a string of 10.4’s at 140+. It’s a big improvement from three weeks ago where I had a best of 10.5. I’m hoping to get some 10.2’s or 10.1’s on the final track day this Friday. A 10.0 would make my night for sure!! It’s all in the launch and I’m progressively getting used to the long clutch slip and leaving with more rpm!

Did a 10.3x at 145mph on Friday night. And a string of 10.4’s at 140+. It’s a big improvement from three weeks ago where I had a best of 10.5. I’m hoping to get some 10.2’s or 10.1’s on the final track day this Friday. A 10.0 would make my night for sure!! It’s all in the launch and I’m progressively getting used to the long clutch slip and leaving with more rpm!
That’s very consistent. Can you upload the time slips? Curious to see the 60ft times and whether slipping the clutch is actually quicker or not.

I have my next date booked in December when the track open for bikes again.

What sort of mods does it take to run 9s ?

1729768244994.png
I have no experience with the Gen twos, but it seems like a mild shot of NOS should take care of a few tenths to break you into the 9's.

That’s very consistent. Can you upload the time slips? Curious to see the 60ft times and whether slipping the clutch is actually quicker or not.

First off, don’t be a big guy like me;6’1 and 270 lbs 😝

My 60 ft times started at around 1.8-1.9 with little clutch slip; increased slip and reduced to low 1.7 most racers will say you need 60 ft times closer to 1.5…

Latest posts

Back