Drill bit question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi folks:
I have a drillbit size question I'm hoping that you might be able to answer...

I have a 10 mm. wide allen wrench that I cut so it is straight (not L-shaped any more) that I wanted to use as a drillbit (don't ask why!) that I wanted to use in either of my electric drills, but, lo and behold, it is too wide to fit in.

Do any manufacturers out there make any sort of adapter unit that will allow me to fit this makeshift bit into my drill? (I'd like to avoid having to buy a whole new drill for this!)

Thanks very much.

Elimax

Re: Drillbit question

sounds like you need a drill with a 1/2" chuck, or change the chuck in your drill

I'd be surprised a 10mm allen key doesn't fit a 3/8" chuck, they are nearly the same size. Anyways, buy a socket adaptor for your drill. The have a 1/4" shank so should go in your chuck no problem. You can get them for 1/4", 3/8", and 1/2" drive sockets so pick your poison. Then, put a 10mm socket on the adaptor, allen key in the socket, and your good to go.

I've got a couple of those adaptors and they come in handy all the time.

I've got a couple of those adaptors and they come in handy all the time.

No kidding, I've got 'em on my service truck in 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2"....They are like gold on a job site when I want to take somthing apart in a hurry and don't want the power or noise of an impact gun.......

Back