Elevate your front wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannymax

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have crash bars here's a quick easy way to hold up your front wheel for serviceing, washing, whatever...AND use up some scrap 2 X 4's to boot!

Cut the 2" X 4" uprights about 1/2" - 3/4" longer than the crash bar is off the floor, place the bottom of the brace as shown in the pics, either sit on the rear seat pad or pull down on the rear grab/sissy bar to raise the front end off the floor and the brace will straighten up, resting under the crash bars.

Attachments

• 100_1383.jpg
    100_1383.jpg
    120.8 KB
  • 100_1384.jpg
    100_1384.jpg
    116.3 KB
  • 100_1385.jpg
    100_1385.jpg
    116.1 KB
goood idea danny.. much better than my girlfriend leaning on the back and me plopping some firewood under each crashbar.. haha that'd be all of about 10 mins and $5 to make...

OK, looks great but how do you remove them without jacking up the bike? If you have to jack the bike up anyway it seems to defeat the purpose. Don't think I could hold the back down and kick the support out at the same time (but I am not very big). :biglaugh:

I still want to make a Pitbull type stand that holds the front up under the steering stem..got to get a welder first though!

I use a single piece of 2x6 with a plywood stabilizer in a "T" shape that is sized to fit under the engine crossbar in front of the old style oil filter cannister. I suppose I could not do this with a spin on type filtered Vmax.
It works good for any light front end maintenance/cleaning that requires a free turning front end/ spinning front wheel. It's easy enough to wriggle out when I'm done.
I'm thinking that a buddy of mine is going to weld us up a couple of bike stands,but you can buy one from Harbor Freight for $40. They also have the adaptors to fit front forks so you could support both ends for under $100 delivered. Not something I can afford ATM, that's why I'm thinking of having one made up of on-hand materials.
I guess you could also just use this wheel spinner and your centerstand too.

OK, looks great but how do you remove them without jacking up the bike? If you have to jack the bike up anyway it seems to defeat the purpose. Don't think I could hold the back down and kick the support out at the same time (but I am not very big). :biglaugh:

Removal's easy m-cman! There are several things that would work but I use a broom (just cause it was handy). Slide the broom under the bike so the bristles are against the base of the support and the handle points rearward beside the back tire. Push the rear of the bike down lifting the crash bars off the support, and just tap the end of the broom handle, moving the support foreward and out from under the crash bars.

Latest posts

Back