engine case swap

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wayne billings

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello I have an unusual question. Is a swap of 94' engine case with '86 internals possible. I am hoping it is a direct swap. I do understand that the crank, balancer and final drive has to be delt with. are there any problems with the clutch, water pump ,transmission or heads. thanks for any insight or previous experience.

AFAIK yes a swap is possible but the pick-up coils are different. 2 on the '86 & 1 on the '94. The generator rotor is different to account for that. Wire harness is different also. The gauges cluster may have a difference also. Do a site search for that information.

Yes, will need to re-size your plane bearings for the crank, rods, and balancer. Probably check clearances of transmission shafts and middle gear too.

Mark

As Far As I Know. That's fine. Cases are mated to the internals so if changing the cases, will need to re-do the plane bearings, etc. I don't think you need to worry about the final drive.

Mark

Most parts will swap over without issue. You will need to refit bearings to match the bore specs of the new cases. There isn't much cheaper out there and no aftermarket options for bearings.

Latest posts

Back