engine quits

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rollin thunder

Reaction score
I have had the engine stalll when I sit at a light for more than a few minutes twice .Has this happened to anyone else?.

funny you should mention this. it happened to me just a few days ago. very strange indeed. the bike didn't want to turn over either. luckily i was in a "downtown" and could pull over to the side and figure out what's what. the thing is it cranked right up after i fumbled around on a sidewalk. i think i should mention that this was the longest light i've been at. i wonder if this had anything to do with it.

I have had the engine stalll when I sit at a light for more than a few minutes twice .Has this happened to anyone else?.

Yes. As a matter of fact, it has happened to me. More than once.

Gotta hate those darn long lights.

I used to have that happen to me with the old '86 before I went through the carbs. After a good cleanup it never did it again - I think the pilot circuits getting crud will do that.

Be sure your charging system is giving adequate voltage while at idle with fan running. A common problem with our vmaxes is the Ignition control box gets cranky with age and needs good voltage. First symptom it will show is dropping a cylinder, or misfiring at idle after the fan comes on and voltage drops off.

Back