Exhaust advice

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megadeth1

Reaction score
Need some advice on looks. You guys please tell me what looks better. Getting black supertrapp slipons shortly.Will exhaust look stupid, chrome with black mufflers. Should I tape,paint or just leave alone exhaust pipes with new exhaust tips. Just want her to look good. Lastly can you paint over the chrome?:ummm: Many thanks guys!

take a look at my album. i used to have black supertrapps with chrome pipes. doesn't look all that bad.

You can powdercoat over chrome and get what looks like colored chrome. Painting over chrome requires a good scuffing so the paint will adhere. Most ceramic coatings would require the chrome to be stripped before coating to ensure adhesion.

Sean

The problem I see with that Sean is the abuse the headers take from debris and bugs. I don't think PC would hold up to it if applied to chrome.

Chris

Not sure how it sticks but we are getting ready to get some test samples soon to try it. It's supposed to stick good but who knows.

Sean

Latest posts

Back