Factory muffler removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

20Vmax20

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have thought about removing the factory mufflers from my 2020 and installing some small tips instead. I know that this won’t really affect the sound or performance but I didn’t know if anyone else had also done this. If so, what is the diameter of the pipe coming out of the cat?

I have thought about removing the factory mufflers from my 2020 and installing some small tips instead. I know that this won’t really affect the sound or performance but I didn’t know if anyone else had also done this. If so, what is the diameter of the pipe coming out of the cat?
45mm

Yes and no. I removed the mufflers but I had a hard time finding tips to put on the cat outlet pipes. The reason being that most all exhaust tips I could find were for cars and therefore to big to fit nice and tight. Im sure if you wanted to have a muffler shop custom make something they could, but for me, I’m now thinking of going to a dual hindle system instead. Until then, I’m just running without the mufflers.

By the way, I tested the decibel level before and after removal and there was virtually no difference. Possibly <1db.

Thanks so much for the response. I'm looking to remove them as well due to cosmetic preferences and my son and I can fabricate and weld so I'm okay with that. I was curious about the sound though, do you mind uploading a video of yours without the mufflers? I don't want to de-cat the bike because I don't like the empty space and void of that cosmetically. Thank you soooo much!

Back