Fallen vmx1200

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smithjs35

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanting to know what wind speed does it take to lay a vmax on it's side? Thanks so much. Florida resident living in an apartment and freaking about my vmax laid on it's side after storm/hurricane. Has anyone experienced wind blowing your bike over?

Last edited:
It's not going to take a lot of wind.
Of course to figure out exactly would take Math or repetitive testing. Plus if you put a bike cover on it it's going to act as a sail and catch the wind.
I would park near a building or bigger object to block the wind.
I used to park mine in my apartment, but I was lucky enough to live on first floor with a sliding glass door.
If you have the option to park it in a dedicated spot, try putting tie down stakes in the ground and strap the bike down.
If that's not an option, try mounting a wheel chock to a long board or pipe and strapping the Max to that.
And if all that is not an option then the center stand would be your best bet as long as it's on concrete or pavement.
Another option (which I don't recommend because I've done it and is Not reversible) Is to grind some of the stop off the kickstand. This will let the kickstand move forward a bit and let the bike lean more while sitting on the kickstand. But more lean means more weight on the kickstand. Which means more often it will get pressed through hot pavement and soft ground. So carry a kickstand pad with you at all times.

Last edited:
Wanting to know what wind speed does it take to lay a vmax on it's side? Thanks so much. Florida resident living in an apartment and freaking about my vmax laid on it's side after storm/hurricane. Has anyone experienced wind blowing your bike over?
Since you are talking Hurricanes,

1) Bring it inside or
2) Lay it down yourself. Plenty of blankets and padding. Better to be over gently than dropped.

Latest posts

Back