finally got the nads

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
was out riding today, and found a long straight stretch, had the t-boost set on 3k, put my head down on the gauges and hit it wide open, speed shifting, holy shit, i was pinned down, damn what a feeling, first time since i have had it that i need to get rid of it, naah, just aint going to do that again for awhile.:confused2:

was out riding today, and found a long straight stretch, had the t-boost set on 3k, put my head down on the gauges and hit it wide open, speed shifting, holy shit, i was pinned down, damn what a feeling, first time since i have had it that i need to get rid of it, naah, just aint going to do that again for awhile.:confused2:

I would say that would get addictive , my vboost gets a hiding from time to time

:clapping: :clapping: :punk:

ive got 70 miles on my bike and have yet to enter the v zone:rofl_200:

:hmmm: should i do it???:rofl_200:

I heard a lot about all this 'hard run in' business.

With a brand new bike, I'd always respect the run-in period and instruction given by the manufacturer, and just have the odd peak every 150 miles or so.

At least that way your warranty stands..

I heard a lot about all this 'hard run in' business.

With a brand new bike, I'd always respect the run-in period and instruction given by the manufacturer, and just have the odd peak every 150 miles or so.

At least that way your warranty stands..

I can personally attest to the hard run in makes for a better bike. My first dyno with brand new engine was 121. After running it like a raped ape with Jeff out with me in Kansas last year I pulled 130 on the dyno.

Is this a VMAX forum, or have I stumbled into a scooter club. Open it up already.

ok...ill do it... gonna hook up my t-bo0st swith today anyhooo.

need to test it out after...right? :rofl_200:

just find a nice straight road with not many crossroads or driveways especially, or cops.
when my bike used to shake at speed it would start about 125mph os so, just pull through it & it would stop, it was on the slow down that it was little scarier.

just find a nice straight road with not many crossroads or driveways especially, or cops.
when my bike used to shake at speed it would start about 125mph os so, just pull through it & it would stop, it was on the slow down that it was little scarier.

Well said, Jeff. Nothing freaks me out more than seeing a vehicle approaching from a crossroad when I'm on it hard, knowing there's no way I could stop in time if he pulls onto the roadway. There's a safe stretch of road near my home that's about a mile long that's straight, smooth, no crossroads, divided by a grass median and with an unobstructed view of oncoming traffic. I will check it for cops heading away and nail it hard on the way back home. Ain't life grand!?

I have a spot that is perfect for this. It's a old Army Air Force base air strip. It's a triangle type base with each side of the runways are just over a mile long and are about 200' wide made of concrete. I don't have to worry about tickets and animals running out in front of me. Here is a map view of Raco Army Air Force base, I will get some pictures and videos of us running there this summer. I heard that at one time it was a backup landing strip for the space shuttle, but I'm not sure of that fact.

I have a nice stretch on the Taconic Pkwy, the woods are back off the shoulders and no cross roads. Cops don't set up there and as long as there isn't one coming in the south bound lanes it's a clean shot.

I like to bring it up very slowly in second gear, when it reaches 6500 the boost starts to kick in and the bike will take right off by itself with no throttle input at all.

It's weird....but fun!!:biglaugh:

It's also a good way to check that your v boost is working properly.

I've had my last two bikes in top gear at redline. The Max and the Busa. I can't believe there's a debate on this!?!?!?!? ;)

I like to to check the red line every now and again. Just to make sure its working :punk:

Latest posts

Back