First time deep into the throttle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bike Week is always fun and you don't have to stay in Daytona. This past year I stayed at a friend's condo in Melbourne and took day trips to Daytona and Deland, where they have the classic bike auctions at Stetson U. We also went to the short track which used to be held outside Daytona Beach at the Municipal Stadium, which allowed for some fast rides since it is in the countryside west of D.Bch. Now the short track course is on the west end outside the Speedway, but on the Speedway grounds. The show of all the vendors at the Speedway is a great time to buy riding gear, you can always find great buys there. They even have tire shops, you make an appointment and they replace your tire on the spot!

There are all kinds of shows, the 'Rat's Hole' show is probably the biggest. The 5 liter V-twin made from a pair of cylinders sawn-off a Rolls-Royce Merlin engine, fitted into a frame (the engine is the frame) and then supercharged (!) was a guest one year. Lucky Keizer, I think the AUS guy's name was. Amazingly it was about 20% lighter than a Gen. I!

Next week it's all-gone as they welcome the college crowd for the start of Spring Break. That goes on for awhile as the schools release their students at different times.

Someday I need to get my act together and roll down to Florida for a week or so to hang out with Grumpy, Kyle, and the rest of you hooligans!! Would probably lose my license, but we would have fun while it lasted:rofl_200: Toxic is just about in show shape so will have to post up some pics once I am all done and ready for the Super show!!!!

Back