Fitch catalyst?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cold weather may have something to do with the improved running as well. It's got to be a back to back comparison.

TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline Retailers

Gasoline retailers must meet the high TOP TIER standards with all grades of gasoline to be approved by the automakers as providing TOP TIER Detergent Gasoline.
In addition, all gasoline outlets carrying the brand of the approved retailer must meet the TOP TIER standards.
Additional gasoline retailers are added to the TOP TIER list as they meet the standards. The retailers known to be on the TOP TIER list are shown below.
TOP TIER Gasoline Retailers:
QuikTrip
Chevron
Texaco
MFA Oil Co.
Conoco
Phillips 66
Entec Stations
Shell
The Somerset Refinery, Inc.
Kwik Trip / Kwik Star
Aloha Petroleum
Tri-Par Oil Co.
Turkey Hill Minit Markets
Mileage Stations
Road Ranger
Chevron Canada
Shell Canada
Petro-Canada
Sunoco Canada

There are none of those stations anywhere near me. Around here we have Mobil, Valero/Valley, Sunoco and Citgo to a lesser extent for the main chains. By far the most common is Stewarts, a convenience store usually with few pumps, but from what I've experienced they sell some really shit gas, every time I fill up there, with anything, it runs like crap afterward. There's a Lukoil here and there, but not many of those.

I typically fill up at the local Valero(now Valley, but it's exactly the same), since it's near my house, has pay-at-pump, and is usually one of the cheaper stations.

But then again, what exactly is this "top tier"? What exactly are the standards compared to "regular" stations? Their website is extremely vague and sounds like the back of any snake oil bottle....your car will run better, have less deposits, if used regularly it might become able to fly....yada yada yada. It does not list any actual evidence or comparison between. Wouldn't be at all surprised if a few oil exec's got together and started selling admission to their "top tier" club to the highest bidder.

Reminds me of that book "The Jungle"....how 1 in 3 steaks was randomly marked as "special" and cost an extra 25 cents a pound.

What I believe Top Tier does for you is gives you a more constant stream of good gas. It's not to say you couldn't get bad gas from them but they are more likely to have good fresh gas.

I try to stick with Shell in my G8 as they have 93 and BP in the max as they have 87 with no ethanol.

Chris

Latest posts

Back