Front Brakes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billg302

Reaction score
Good evening gents, since it was colder out today, I spent the day installing new front rotors, new Galfer (3 piece) front brake lines and a new Galfer clutch line. Got the clutch system to bleed perfectly, (seems like there's a little more pull effort required, maybe due to the line not expanding like the stock did but the clutch works great. Moved over to the front brakes to bleed them, they bled normally and got all air out. Problem I'm having is the front brakes still feel spongy, not as solid as before. I bled with a MityVac for awhile and then went over to a hose in brake fluid for good measure. It got to the point I didn't see any air bubbles at all out of either side. As I squeeze the lever, I do see fluid shooting out of the little orifice in the master only for the first 3 - 4 squeezes, then it stops. If I remembered right, the clutch master would shoot fluid out every time you squeezed the lever. I'm thinking my front brake master is bad. I did take her out for a test ride after and it will lock the brakes if squeezed hard enough but it takes more squeeze than before for a normal stop. I'm using Brembo DOT 4 fluid. It just feels like the first 1/2 of lever travel is soft and then it gets more resistance after that. I did bleed some more but still not seeing any air. That's what leads me to believe the master cylinder is bad. Any thoughts?

Doesn't make a ton of sense to me but I just went out and cycled the master again (it's been 3 hours since I did it last) and it feels normal now. I did do the new rotor bed in process when I drove it earlier so everything got pretty hot. I'm thinking getting the fluid hot and letting it cool down while leaving the master cylinder at the highest point may have got rid of some air that I couldn't otherwise.

Latest posts

Back