Fuel filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlennsVmax

Reaction score
I wanted to check or replace my fuel filter. Yamaha owners manuel says take it to Yamaha, no directions.

Where is the fuel filter located and whats the easiest way to get to it?

On most bikes you turn off fuel petcock when changing. No fuel petcock on V Max. Anything you need to do to keep gas from flowing while you change the filter?

Remove the drivers section of the seat, the filter is under there. Sits right on top of the fuel tank. Positioned in a little rubber holder. Follow the fuel line, you can't miss it. Nothing really to do to stop fuel. It won't keep coming out. You will get just a bit when you disconnect the filter but not much.

NAPA has a replacement, dont' know the number off hand but it's on a thread here, works great and a bit cheaper than getting one from the stealership

Under the seat. You won't lose too much fuel when changing it. We usually use the clear filters available at the local auto parts stores (3/8" inlet - outlet).

Sean

Thanks guys. You guys are really helpful.

I have a bad back and working on the bike does not help it but doing it right the first time with help from you guys is greatly appreciated!

Latest posts

Back