Fuel tank breather hose routing

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonerdave

Reaction score
IMG_0068.jpg

This tube looks way longer than it needs to be. Any tips on how to route it would be great. Where does the white plastic clip attach?

It routes straight forward from the junction where it hooks to the tank - slightly around the battery then across the front of the battery box. It screws to the front of the airbox to the white connector and then down through the frame and hoop retainer built into the swingarm.

Sean

Excellent - thanks a lot for the tip. Just out of curiosity - the white clip encloses a plastic piece with a really narrow opening. Is it designed like that to regulate the amount of air flow or something? I've got room to route the tube directly down in front of the fuel tank (behind the rear brake reservoir) and out below the center stand. If I did that, I could remove the second section of tube altogether and just have it end at the white clip. Would that mess anything up?

I think it would be fine. If you think that end is small you should see the fitting on the tank that hose is plugged onto. It's about a pencil lead size opening. The purpose is a safety feature if the bike gets on it's side (or top). Designed to prevent leakage. The hole doesn't need to be very large to allow airflow but it slows the liquid leak considerably.

Sean

Latest posts

Back