Gen 2 --- Asking for tires recommendations

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your riding style sounds the same as mine. After the OE battleax wore out I tried a Metzler and it is lasting but the loss in traction is driving me nuts. Does no one else get wheel spin through the first 3 gears with the Metzler? I'm considering trying shinkos just for the hell of it then a battleax again.
Not unless I am trying to spin the tires but they also feel the same to me as battleaxe tires

After I got back from seeing Mr. Morley with my seat, I needed to replace the tires on my bike. I actually found a set of OE Battleax's. I am rounding 5000 miles on these tires. This is the first tire that isn't exhibiting signs of abnormal wear on the front. I still have tread. I have an even wear pattern. Those tires are apparently made with this bikes weight in mind. I have generally run Bridgestones on all my bikes in the past with very good luck. I guess finding NOS of these tires are gonna be the trick. Even if they are somewhat older tires, Hopefully I get a season out of em. My riding season is generally 9-11K a year.

Latest posts

Back