• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Gen 2 Rear Shock Assembly (2009)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My rear shock is gone. Bike feels like a pogo stick :(

Yamaha part # is 2S3-22210-00-00 but cannot find it anywhere. What other options are available for this if not Yamaha?

Cheers!

Not trying to persuade you from a new shock, but have you checked all your adjustments? Maybe someone put them on the softest setting.
Good suggestion, I checked the adjustments and all look OK. I did reset everything back to the standard settings per the owners manual. I will take it for a ride tomorrow and see. Not sure if you can tell from this video if it looks normal or gone?
View attachment IMG_2854.mp4

When someone states that their shocks are bouncy, I generally think that the shock will continue to bounce after a couple bounces. Yours, from that video, just looks to be on a soft setting. Trying setting it a bit stiffer and see how you like it. Theres a few adjustments there on that rear shock. Its a free endeavor at this moment. One I would try. Of course unless you find one hell of a deal on an aftermarket shock.

Latest posts

Back