Good Deal?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that much I have read that it drops a bit but that's alot
So part of mine is stock? I saw the factory that came off of it both mufflers and the x piece. I thought that was all of it?

He said it needs the cobra jet kit?

Yes/no tiny coght about 13-1500 rpm but only when not up to temp

the factory that came off of it both mufflers and the x piece. I thought that was all of it?

He said it needs the cobra jet kit?

The factory pipes are; the two rear and two front pipes (these would be reused when running slip-ons like the Cobra and Supertrapp pipes) and the rear "pod" which includes R/L mufflers and a cross-pipe. I don't know if a "cobra jet kit" exists, or maybe he was refering to another carb kit. Most that have the Cobra's (and other slip-ons) just swap out thier mains to 147.5's and were good.

+1 on the air ride.
How is the ride, and can you adjust the hight of the bike with the air pressure. That would rock to rid the the drag strip, then strap the front end to about 3" lower, then use the air ride to level the bike. Then when its over, just remove the strap, air up, and be on your way.

+1 on the air ride.
How is the ride, and can you adjust the hight of the bike with the air pressure. That would rock to rid the the drag strip, then strap the front end to about 3" lower, then use the air ride to level the bike. Then when its over, just remove the strap, air up, and be on your way.

First thank you for the info on exaust also cobra does have a jet kit for $125 but honestly if it's not gonna hurt it I ride around the cogh don't even notice it!

On the air ride again I bought the bike from jeff (owner airfx )
He said he developed this setup for v max didn't get much intrest (probly due to price) so he is now getting into softail also does sport bikes BUT he has the same shocks on the front of a Harley in his show room so he may be able to supply anyone interested. All I can say is in my dealings w him he is very knowledgeable of v max. Also very professional and honest!

And yes it does change ground clearance makes probly 4-5 inches at the back of fender prolly 2-1/2--3 inches under pipes.

The factory pipes are; the two rear and two front pipes (these would be reused when running slip-ons like the Cobra and Supertrapp pipes) and the rear "pod" which includes R/L mufflers and a cross-pipe. I don't know if a "cobra jet kit" exists, or maybe he was refering to another carb kit. Most that have the Cobra's (and other slip-ons) just swap out thier mains to 147.5's and were good.

+1 on the air ride.

Shoot K.J. , for $ 1,595.00 you can get the Busa replacement air front fork system & throw the strap away.

[/COLOR]

Shoot K.J. , for $ 1,595.00 you can get the Busa replacement air front fork system & throw the strap away.

Hmm, $3k for an USD front and air all the way around. That sounds sweet. but it's $3k for Mr. Turbo's universal Turbo kit.

Damn monkey has been quiet all summer, but the little shit is starting to speak up. Just when I think I'm done, I'm now messing with the exhaust and considering a 6" stretch with a 17" gixxer wheel, now a new suspension joins the Turbo kit on the list.

It would be a great trip just to go see kj I so wanna see AK!

If you make it up, Let me know. The doors are open and the mini-bar is always stocked.

I would just like to say thank you to everyone for the feedback and I feel a bit better about paying 1500 over book for my new bike.

I'm glad I found you guys and look forward to making lots of great friends!

Thanks again :)

A blown 2nd gear would blow right through that $1.5K quickly! If you got a solid ride & it is what you wanted, enjoy it & don't worry about the $ so-much, you can always earn more!

Good condition buys peace-of-mind.

Is it true? I read that if that problem comes it will kick out during hard exceleration after it has already engaged and started pulling?

If so im good for now :)

Damn, finally got to the end of this light speed, one day thread. Welcome to the forum Junior6996. Sounds like you got some really cool stuff... And,,,, a nice VMax... If it runs good and your happy about that, money is irrelevant.. I have over $15,600.00 invested in my 89 (My "Cheap Labor" and Parts)... It didn't run so well when I bought it, but it does now...

Nice bikes! But the guns!!!!!

WOW very sweet

Thanks for the welcome everyone has been great looking forward to good friends and good times here!

Nice bikes! But the guns!!!!!

WOW very sweet

Thanks for the welcome everyone has been great looking forward to good friends and good times here!

Thanx for the bike compliment.

I should update the guns part. So much new trick stuff has come about lately.

This is the forum where lifetime friends can be made. I wish you all the good luck
with your VMax and hope this is a new home away from home for you our new Brother... :clapping:

Back