Got another Vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi-

Reaction score
I've been secretly searching our Trademe site which is our version of Ebay for another Max as a bit of a project. I had found one or two busted examples that I would have grabbed, but missed out.
Anyway I found an 88 with 29k (18,Miles) and jumped at it as it is a good price for NZ . Paid 4.5k NZD which is about 2.5k USD.
Now I have to fly down to Wellington on Friday which is the bottom of the North Island and ride it back to Auckland ....about 650km:hmmm:

then I'm going to get the grinder, a hacksaw and some paint, and do some serious demented stuff to it:punk:..I have plans..
The attached picture was one from the auction listing.

If Gunner's around he should take a day off work and hookup whilst I'm down there.

Attachments

• 91652857_full.jpg
    91652857_full.jpg
    55.9 KB
Looks in pretty good shape. You'll have to let know what your eveil plans are for it when you get it back home.

I've been secretly searching our Trademe site which is our version of Ebay for another Max as a bit of a project. I had found one or two busted examples that I would have grabbed, but missed out.
Anyway I found an 88 with 29k (18,Miles) and jumped at it as it is a good price for NZ . Paid 4.5k NZD which is about 2.5k USD.
Now I have to fly down to Wellington on Friday which is the bottom of the North Island and ride it back to Auckland ....about 650km:hmmm:

then I'm going to get the grinder, a hacksaw and some paint, and do some serious demented stuff to it:punk:..I have plans..

If Gunner's around he should take a day off work and hookup whilst I'm down there.

Cough Cough i think im coming down with something alright , i can feel my arm being twisted .Did you have a look at this one , looked a bit alright but had 2nd gear prob .

Attachments

• 88308364_full.jpg
    88308364_full.jpg
    40.2 KB
If that's the one I'm thinking of. It was listed just recently and I was going to buy it and make new gears for it. It suddenly vanished off trademe because I think he did a backdoor deal with someone leaving their phone number.
It pisses me off when that happens on trademe. I lost 2 Vmax chances because of people doing that .

That happens on eBay too. Yours looks like it's in good nick.

Should be fun to tear into!

Cheers

Bike looks like it's in good shape, Jedi

Now let the mad mods begin!!!

Mike

If that's the one I'm thinking of. It was listed just recently and I was going to buy it and make new gears for it. It suddenly vanished off trademe because I think he did a backdoor deal with someone leaving their phone number.
It pisses me off when that happens on trademe. I lost 2 Vmax chances because of people doing that .

Yeah , that be the one . So what way are you riding home ?

I've been wanting to chop up a Max or at least do a drag bike with one since I'm brushed up on some fabricating skills here as of late. :D

So what way are you riding home ?
Getting picked up from Wellington airport, then over to Upper Hutt to get the bike so I believe and from there I guess I just point my ass in a Northerly direction.
Don't know the exact roads but it should be pretty easy to find my way.

Getting picked up from Wellington airport, then over to Upper Hutt to get the bike so I believe and from there I guess I just point my ass in a Northerly direction.
Don't know the exact roads but it should be pretty easy to find my way.

Do you think you will be heading over the tukkas or heading up west coast ?
Are you gonna head back in same day ? Also what time of day will you be in Welly ?

[Do you think you will be heading over the tukkas or heading up west coast ?
Are you gonna head back in same day ? Also what time of day will you be in Welly ? __________________/QUOTE]

Check your PM

You need to get the "Frankenstein" or the "Mad Scientist" award.

Here's a hint, I'm going to make a new swingarm, long and wide for a 220-240 wheel
and a front end that I don't think has been done before.

Latest posts

Back