Got Dragbars? 2009 VMax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

allthrottleFZ1

Reaction score
Hello guy's,first time posting up, been lurking a while.
I've been looking for new handlebars for some time now and I found three sets on e-bay that some y'all might be interested in.
e-bay item#370284565526
I have bought a set of these for my '09 but not from e-bay and will be here on Tuesday.

Philip

Wow you got enough bikes to be able to ride a different one each day of the week...
which one is your favorite? and which one is the fastest?

Wow you got enough bikes to be able to ride a different one each day of the week...
which one is your favorite? and which one is the fastest?

lol. Five are road worthy right now, the '99 Vmax and '01 FZ1 need the carbs pulled and cleaned. As far as my favorite one goes that would be the '03 FZ1 and the fastest "top end" would be the Ninja.
There all great motorcycles in their own. Anybody want to buy a ZX10R?

which one scares you the most in the turns and feels the best when you pin the throttle all the way back.

also which one gets the most looks and makes people always look twice :D

also, what does an r6 top out at?

which one scares you the most in the turns and feels the best when you pin the throttle all the way back.

also which one gets the most looks and makes people always look twice :D

also, what does an r6 top out at?

The two gen 1's can be damn scary in the curves and watched a few crash in curves on some group rides.
The '09 is brutal at any throttle you give it and people just stare at it or come running up to it stuttering.lol
The R6 on the dyno topped out at 176 MPH and wifey said 173 MPH down the straight away at VIR during a track day in '07.

Hello guy's,first time posting up, been lurking a while.
I've been looking for new handlebars for some time now and I found three sets on e-bay that some y'all might be interested in.
e-bay item#370284565526
I have bought a set of these for my '09 but not from e-bay and will be here on Tuesday.

Philip

Philip,

I'm thinking about drag bars as well, are you going to install risers also? I think that the controls may hit the scoops without them.

MB

Philip,

I'm thinking about drag bars as well, are you going to install risers also? I think that the controls may hit the scoops without them.

MB

I'm going to try them first without the risers and see how they fit and let you know.
There is also a set with a 20* bend.

I'm going to try them first without the risers and see how they fit and let you know.
There is also a set with a 20* bend.

Cool. That's great. I'll wait on your results/opinion.
Thanks,
Mark

Here are some pictures and spec's.

Attachments

• SM2010-0370.jpg
    SM2010-0370.jpg
    76.9 KB
  • SM2010-0371.jpg
    SM2010-0371.jpg
    74.6 KB
I installed the drag bars yesterday, they will work on the max and look very good/feel good.
I have about a 1/2" clearance on throttle housing to scoop full turn against the stop with the brake light switch removed and switch housing on the left side just touching the scoop against the stop, going to remove the risers today and install a washer under both of them to fix it and still have a full nut on the riser studs.
Throttle cables are good with just a slite bit of bind against the right stop, I can live with that. I had to grind the locator dowel pins from the two switch housings and throttle housing to install and pull a spring pin from the left side riser, loosen the banjo fitting bolts and turn the lines up and that's it, pretty simple to install.
I can't find the camera to take pictures and the phone camera sucks, I will get some pics up as soon as I can with a ride report.:punk:

Philip

OK, it is done. I used three 10mm washers under each riser that = .185" or between 3 and 4mm to gain my clearance for the left scoop and left the brake light switch off the other side, all is good.

If you want drag bars without a lot of drama this is it. PM me if anybody has a ???

Oh, and did I mention that they look and feel damn good! Pics coming soon.

Philip

Some pics, not the best but I will post up better ones in a day or so.

Attachments

• !cid__0113101138.jpg
    !cid__0113101138.jpg
    35.5 KB
  • !cid__0113101137.jpg
    !cid__0113101137.jpg
    35.1 KB
  • !cid__0113101132.jpg
    !cid__0113101132.jpg
    37.3 KB
  • !cid__0113101134.jpg
    !cid__0113101134.jpg
    34.4 KB
  • !cid__0113101135.jpg
    !cid__0113101135.jpg
    37.2 KB
OK, it is done. I used three 10mm washers under each riser that = .185" or between 3 and 4mm to gain my clearance for the left scoop and left the brake light switch off the other side, all is good.

If you want drag bars without a lot of drama this is it. PM me if anybody has a ???

Oh, and did I mention that they look and feel damn good! Pics coming soon.

Philip

Philip,

That's geat! Nice job. I'm gonna order up a set and try myself, thanks for passing on the info.
I'll take your word on how they look :) ..........I think your lens needs a cleaning, the photos look like the ones I take with my cell phone if I don't first wipe off the lens.
Thanks again,
Mark

I found the camera, much better pics of the drag bars.
First I should say that the bars are to wide new, took a ride after the install and hated it, just didn't handle very well in the curves so I started over by sliding every thing in and making cuts till I got it where I liked it and took it for another ride, sweet.
The issues I had with the throttle cable bind and brake light switch are also resolved along with the bar end mirrors, way better control clearances at the scoops also.

Philip

Attachments

• 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    124.2 KB
  • 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    119 KB
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    130.1 KB
  • 011.JPG