got the bike all done this weekend

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JIM93MAX

Reaction score
put a 5'' tach with shift light, triple gauge set up ( yankee ), drag bars, removed tail light assembly and added led light were reflector went, repainted it ( proud to say i did it myself ). I eventually want to recover the seat all black and stitch it in green. here are some pics and one of what it looked like before winter of 08-09.

Last edited:
put a 5'' tach with shift light, triple gauge set up ( yankee ), drag bars, removed tail light assembly and added led light were reflector went, repainted it ( proud to say i did it myself ). I eventually want to recover the seat all black and stitch it in green. here are some pics and one of what it looked like before winter of 08-09.

Nice looking ride!!! Yankee does a nice job on those gauges. I love the paint job. Nice custom work.

:clapping: Damn Jim!! Nice work! You will be seeing some #1 trophies in the upcoming bike shows you decide to show it off in.. Love that paint job and the overall stance of the bike!

Clean not over done!

Noticed one thing though... The small diameter baffle in the exhaust?:ummm:
That bike looks to bad ass not to have it sound bad ass with the 2.5 comp baffle. You can make one for under 10.00, shoot me over a message and I will tell ya how and where to get the stuff to make it..

Really nice job, Jim. The one area that detracted from the overall aethetics, to me, was the headlight/flyscreen area. I think dumping the cut-down flyscreen and possibly going with a bullet shaped headlight (like on the Honda VTX) would improve the profile tremendously. JMO, but great work on the paint!

THANKS EVERYONE. yankee there actually is no baffle in it. it is just the end cap. and ya i know what you mean it does sound bad ass it sounds like a drag car with open headers lol. i love it. but for only $10 i wouldn't mind making that comp baffle you are talking about to see the difference in sound.

RAYVIN i wanted the fly screen because i wanted to hide the clutter ( IMO ) of the brake line, clutch line, wire etc. but i will look into the headlight idea mabie i will find somthing i like that will look good and hide some of the clutter.

THANKS EVERYONE. yankee there actually is no baffle in it. it is just the end cap. and ya i know what you mean it does sound bad ass it sounds like a drag car with open headers lol. i love it. but for only $10 i wouldn't mind making that comp baffle you are talking about to see the difference in sound.

I basically made my comp baffle from an exhuast extension adapter they sell at an autoparts store. I believe its a 2.5 ID and a 2.5OD pipe they come in different length,., Basically get a 24"
Place the pipe in the can it will seat into the collector.. now just cut the other end at the end of the can... Now you have the correct length....
Now get ya a drill bit 7mm or 8MM and start drilling holes in a uniform manor... Gueestimate about 120-150 holes all out through the pipe...
Modify the end cap and now you have a 2.5 comp baffle that Kerker sells for 120.00:clapping:

I basically made my comp baffle from an exhuast extension adapter they sell at an autoparts store. I believe its a 2.5 ID and a 2.5OD pipe they come in different length,., Basically get a 24"
Place the pipe in the can it will seat into the collector.. now just cut the other end at the end of the can... Now you have the correct length....
Now get ya a drill bit 7mm or 8MM and start drilling holes in a uniform manor... Gueestimate about 120-150 holes all out through the pipe...
Modify the end cap and now you have a 2.5 comp baffle that Kerker sells for 120.00:clapping:

And one WORE OUT drill bit lmfao! :rofl_200:

Sorry if i sound ignorant as ive never looked inside one of those cans but what would keep your pipe in place and from moving around inside the can?

And one WORE OUT drill bit lmfao! :rofl_200:

Sorry if i sound ignorant as ive never looked inside one of those cans but what would keep your pipe in place and from moving around inside the can?

Yeah you will wear a drill bit out doing this well a cheap one anyways.

When you have the correct size pipe it slides down the can and into the collector pipe. It seats firmly into the collector pipe so there is one spot its being held and also moving up the baffle, the fiberglass packing is wrapped around the pipe so this is the barrier between the pipe and the can and last but not least when modifying the end cap (opening it up) the pipe fits nice in the end cap.... Secure enough?

Nice look.:thumbs up:
How did you put the graphic effects into the paintwork?

i painted it green first then airbrushed the skulls with black then cleared it.

RAYVIN i wanted the fly screen because i wanted to hide the clutter ( IMO ) of the brake line, clutch line, wire etc. but i will look into the headlight idea mabie i will find somthing i like that will look good and hide some of the clutter.

How 'bout something like this to hide the clutter? The light, the light...It would even fit right in with the skull theme with or without your custom paint on it. No idea who makes it or if it's a one-off custom piece, but it's pretty cool looking, no?

Attachments

• image003.jpg
    image003.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 32
ya i like those i think it is called a cybermax and ya they are sweet but the only place i have seen them is once on ebay and it was almost $500 thats a little rich for my blood. but if i could find one cheap i would consider picking it up but i also dont know if it would clear my tach.

Back