Good morning Vmax Family

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’m a new member here and just bought my first Gen 1 a 91 and love it. I live in Southeast lower Michigan is there any individuals or shops you would recommend to help me with some upgrades like with tuning and a brake upgrade and possibly an exhaust?? Thank you in advance for any advice.

LO and welcome.

Unless you are completely ham fisted the majority of jobs are reasonably straight forward and well within the ability of most home mechanics.

Perhaps you could give an indication of the sort of things you are considering or need help with?
There are plenty of folk here who are happy to give advice.

By doing the jobs yourself not only do you get the satisfaction from completing the job but also it save money.
Saving money means that you can invest in more 'safety related'* items for your bike.

* 'Safety related' in this context relates to anything you deem necessary. As it is 'safety related' your nearest and dearest wouldn't want to compromise your well-being and therefore couldn't object to the purchase. :D

LO and welcome.

Unless you are completely ham fisted the majority of jobs are reasonably straight forward and well within the ability of most home mechanics.

Perhaps you could give an indication of the sort of things you are considering or need help with?
There are plenty of folk here who are happy to give advice.

By doing the jobs yourself not only do you get the satisfaction from completing the job but also it save money.
Saving money means that you can invest in more 'safety related'* items for your bike.

* 'Safety related' in this context relates to anything you deem necessary. As it is 'safety related' your nearest and dearest wouldn't want to compromise your well-being and therefore couldn't object to the purchase. :D
I waa just talking to Sean Morley he said the same as you that i can do it myself. So i’m gonna tackle it. I’m a pretty good wrench on hot rods just dont know anything about these. I just ordered the busa brake upgrade with the Galfer wave rotors gonna tackle that first,then an exhaust then tuning. I’m just a better visual learner if i can see how something is done i can do it. But if something needs modified i need to see how its done if that makes any sense. But i read you clear brother i’m gonna jump in it…

Sean Morley has mentioned numerous times that there isn't much difference in performance among the full exhaust 4-into-1's. I'd say that the Kerker 4/1 and the UFO Dragstar 4/1 are probably the favored picks. UFO, formerly and now Star Rider Performance (SRP).

The UFO doesn't require you to remove the centerstand loop on one side and possibly bend the remaining other one, for exhaust clearance. Those are what you have to do to mount the Kerker 4/1.

It (UFO/SRP) does require the removal of the OEM factory centerstand, but no cutting. You can also re-install the OEM centerstand for maintenance, like tire installation, if you have the UFO/SRP system.

Back