Got the bike back from the dealer and she is still not right!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Told ya - take it back and demand them to fix it or your money back - their choice. It's also always real good to talk about how you know all these bikers in your area and you guys all talk online and at bike meetings etc etc u get the drift..

Told ya - take it back and demand them to fix it or your money back - their choice. It's also always real good to talk about how you know all these bikers in your area and you guys all talk online and at bike meetings etc etc u get the drift..

I just hung up with the dealership and he told me that it must be my gas tank/fuel lines or filter (which are all new). When I told him those were all new he just stayed silent.

I am now going to deny the charges to the card holder and fill out a BBB report.

Going to ask a stupid question..... Did you check your fuel pump out? If that bike sat forever the diaphram might be dry rotted and shedding small particles of the rubber it is made out of into your fuel system. Also, if you put an aftermarket fuel filter in make sure that the media will filter small particles. I run a Mr. Gasket clear filter and I know that it will NOT stop really small schmutz from getting to the carbs if I get contamination in my tank or if a fuel line gets messy internally. Just one more thing in a long line of them that can and will give you fits.

Going to ask a stupid question..... Did you check your fuel pump out? If that bike sat forever the diaphram might be dry rotted and shedding small particles of the rubber it is made out of into your fuel system. Also, if you put an aftermarket fuel filter in make sure that the media will filter small particles. I run a Mr. Gasket clear filter and I know that it will NOT stop really small schmutz from getting to the carbs if I get contamination in my tank or if a fuel line gets messy internally. Just one more thing in a long line of them that can and will give you fits.

Yes, very good points! I would check those things thoroughly before hanging the dealership by their balls.

The fuel filter I bought was one from NAPA. It fit perfect but I cannot see inside of it. I have NOT checked the fuel pump out yet. That's directly under the seat correct? Is it ok just to open it up and check it internally.

When i bought my Fazer from a dealership, (after it sat behind some ones garage for a few yrs, then traded in),..they said that it was fully serviced,..lasted all of 3 weeks ,..then it started to hard start, miss at high rev, and stumble on low cornering throttle ,..very exciting ,..
After pulling the carbs, tank, and fuel pump...I found rust in the float bowls..and bottom of tank..but the fun came when i hooked up all the lines but the pump to carb....cycled the ignition ,..and brown fuel for atleast a minute came out ,...I'll bet the dealer did the carb's , and nothing else.

I.E....

I just hung up with the dealership and he told me that it must be my gas tank/fuel lines or filter (which are all new). When I told him those were all new he just stayed silent.

Latest posts

Back