Grease

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonerdave

Reaction score
I've got some new bearings (steering head and swingarm) that need to be packed. I've got a grease gun, but I don't know what is in it so I went down to get some new grease for the bearings. I didn't realize that grease comes in so many flavors! I read somewhere to get a "marine-grade" grease for the bearings. Anything else I need to know? Brand suggestions???

That works! Waterproof is a good idea which most if not all marine grades will be.

I have a tub of Belray that I've had since 2004. It works great.

I try to use synthetic greases... Just a preference.

Chris

i just use typical waterproof wheeling bearing grease.

if you can find "Red and Tacky" good stuff, but like the gang says a good waterproof or syn will do ya. do you know how to pack bearings or have a bearing packer? dont just smear it on the surface wont do much, gotta get it into and in between the rollers.

You CAN pack by hand but the packers like sold at sears are good if RE-packing as it pushes the old out and then new in...

Your best bet is to replace with sealed bearings.

ya i always end up packing them by hand, clean them up solvent, dry them out and repack, takes no time when you've done it million times.

chris, i don't think you can use sealed bearings on swingarm or steering neck.

Latest posts

Back