Handlebars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I may actually have one of these guys, or something very similar - it came with my spares bike. Was tryinna work out how to fit it right, this may help. Thanks!

I think I may actually have one of these guys, or something very similar - it came with my spares bike. Was tryinna work out how to fit it right, this may help. Thanks!

They are a PIA to adjust but once you get them right they really work well. Post a pic of it, if it's like mine I'll copy/send you the installation instructions.

i've been looking for something cheaper (ie vista) but danny didn't give it great reviews.

I just had a look at the website - mine's definitely a cheap plastic copy, but I'm gonna have a go at it at some point just to see how well it performs.

The vista cruise has quite a lot of flex in the cross arm so when you set it and let go of the grip the speed will drop....that takes some getting used to...how to get the speed you want.

But I discovered the other day, the flex is also a good thing, it allows for a little throttle input for hills etc. without having to change the setting.

Does anyone know the maximum length, pullback and rise modification to the handlebars that can be used with the stock cables/lines? The stock length bars seem to be 28", stock pullback 9" and stock rise 2" - is that right? Could I use a 32" W, 9" PB and 4" rise with stock cables/lines?

Does anyone know the maximum length, pullback and rise modification to the handlebars that can be used with the stock cables/lines? The stock length bars seem to be 28", stock pullback 9" and stock rise 2" - is that right? Could I use a 32" W, 9" PB and 4" rise with stock cables/lines?

It might work, although it could be on the snug side. I'd unfasten the throttle from the bars (with cables still hooked up) and move it around to the approximate location your looking for and see how tight the cables get. That way you don't buy anything that isn't going to work.

I can't find my new bars specs, but I believe they are at least 32" wide, much higher and a little more pullback. I got them on fleaBay for just about $35 - they were for a Triumph Tiger T650.

I was able to reuse everything, it all just needed a little re-routing to fit. The only lines I ended up getting custom length for were the front brake lines - they were on the short side when the forks were fully expanded (upon acceleration).

Check out my pics in the gallery..

I'm super happy with the UFO bar I got. Handling far better than stock for me.
Really much easier to handle the bike now.
I thought they were a little bit small, but after I got used to it, it was fine.
At least it doesn't hit the airbox. Just lost visibility with the small mirrors I had.
I might just change them since i'm happy with the handling.

Latest posts

Back