HDKilla's Bike - Solid Motor Mounts and Springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sheesh! I don't know what to do about this motor mount situation! Fuck it! Put the solid motor mounts on and that will give us an excuse to touch up the motor paint.:clapping:

I'm about 1/2 lit up right now..... feeeling the effectcts of alcohol!!!!!!

Anyway, I think you shhoud do the solid mounts and we can always change it later.... if you don;t like it, I'lll buy the mounts from you. I need sleepy now. Love u guys,\\

Jeff

I'm in the process of putting Race Tech springs and emulators in my 86. I'm also upgrading the front brakes to Busa calipers and R1 rotors. I hope to have it back on the road in a couple of weeks.

As for the air holes in the fork tubes I read where Mark used JB weld to fill his, that's what I'm doing.

I agree with 4gasem.

The key thing is to get straight rate springs.

Whent I went to inverted forks i did a lot of research on springs and talked to Ohlins, Works and Race tech Lindeman Engineering and a local guy here who worked for a Yamaha Snowmobile race team and worked with the founder of Ohlins.

I ended up going to a one man custom shop in Cali, Lindeman Engineering. http://www.le-suspension.com/ He does custom suspension for alot of the pro racers. The bikes that he builds suspension for have won more first place AMA titles than Race tech or ohlins. He is a super nice guy.

he and the others told me it doesnt matter where you get the springs. Its all in the valving. and straight rate is the way to go, wether your racing or not.

I would lower them an inch

You might want to consider installing emulators. Emulators and springs could be had for under 200.00, i believe, through race tech with vmoa discount.

Can you put emulators in an 85 though?? anyone

while solid mounts are on topic where is the best place to get a set and what is the cost?
Chris

Best I have found (and is local to me) for Delrin ones is here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vmax...004QQitemZ140292582345QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

The guy also said he'd do a set of black ones for $79.

Otherwise, they sell Alloy Billet ones for $76.79 a set at Boxenstopp http://www.boxenstopp.us/Gateway.htm (page 28 of their PDF catalog)

I heard that Sean said the Delrin ones may crack (under extreme conditions?). I'm sure a few more people do them and Jeff (Hubeerjw) used to be able to get aluminum ones for $66..

Hey Abe,

We've all given you our opinions. They are fairly educated opinions mind you so you need to really decide what you want to do.

The nice thing about doing the solids is you can get the motor out, clean it REAL WELL and touch up the paint on it. Nothing IMO makes a bike look old more than paint missing on the frame and engine. Just my opinion mind you. Even rattle canning it is OK in this situation.

A exhaust would be nice but that is SO easy to do that you could do that at a later time all on your own I'm sure. Have Jeff do the harder stuff or the stuff you're not sure how to do. Fork springs, brakes and such.

Chris

The solid aluminum engine mounts are factory Yamaha ones for the Venture, so any Yamaha dealer can get them. Cheapest through Mondak and probably about <$60. Part numbers 4XY 15541-00-00 for the fronts (4 needed) and 4XY 15542-00-00 for the rears (2 needed).

Latest posts

Back