Help me decide which VMAX to buy please

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which VMAX should I buy?

• Red 2005, 7500 miles, bone stock, needs new tires - $4,700

Votes: 30 75.0%
  • Flat black 03, UFO seat & led tail light, led signals, backrest, new tires, 7500 mi - $4,500

Votes: 10 25.0%

• Total voters
$$$ talks, buy the one that you get the biggest cut in price on, though you say,"price already negotiated." A wad of cash always has a certain persuasive power, especially when you turn and walk-out of the garage.

To my way of thinking, the '03 is a better deal unless you want the '05 L.E. badge. If you aren't planning on selling it in a couple of years I would buy the one w/more 'stuff' on it. If you are gonna ride it for 2 years & sell, then the '05 may have some more interest down the road.

Now, I haven't looked at any database of production numbers, but I bet the typical sales numbers per year here in the USA are about 2000. You want "rare?" Look for one titled as a 1987 w/a corresponding build date.

Tell us when you find one...
:biglaugh:

So whats the story on the 87's?

He is kidding. There were no 1987's sold in the US. :biglaugh:

The 87's where only sold in Canada at this year....I think the only difference are the chrome cover on the gauges on the faux tank

2005  20th Anniversary Edition Yamaha VMax.jpg

I'd choose the 2005 anniversary edition.

It's red; they're faster.

Price & mileage are about the same; why not go for a years newer bike?

I like to start with a stock bike & choose my own mods.
I don't want the hassle of getting rid of mods I don't want, or being stuck with them, and still having to pay for mods that "I do want".

Jester 42

Latest posts

Back