Help with VMOA?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coffee_brake

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing the link or misunderstood the directions, but....

I joined the VMOA, I paid the dues, but I never got a number so I could register for the site, never got any acknowledgement at all. Paypal says the money left my account so I know I paid for the membership, but I haven't received any notification or paperwork. This was almost 2 weeks ago.

Am I missing something?

PM me your details and I will find out for you. It does take a few days normally for the membership director to get it all sorted out.

I joined too, about 2 weeks ago, and I emailed them a couple of days ago. Here is part of the reply I got:

Sorry for any confusion. The application you filled out asks for a few weeks for processing. You will be receiving an e-mail from Mike Sayers, the VMOA Membership Coordinator. He will give you your membership number as well as a list of members who live in your area. Then a week or so later you will receive your membership packet in the mail. Thank you and Welcome to the VMOA!

Kelvin Lane
VMOA President

Coffee Break and Hatter,
I do apologize for the delay. But please be patient.
I too think once you pay online your membership should happen faster than what it does.
The Chapter reps, and Regional Directors and officers are discussing this issue and trying to come up with ways to speed up the process. As well as get the website stream lined and more appealing.

Please remember that the VMOA is entirely a volunteer organization and everything tends to flow a little choppy at times. But it does flow and we are working at making it better.

If you don't hear back from anyone or get your member ID within a reasonable amount of time. Please don't hesitate to use the contact us link on the home page of the VMOA website. Kelvin and Rhonda are pretty good about answering those emails and speeding up the memberships when they can. As in your case Hatter, Mike probably hasn't had a chance to post your member ID yet, so they are probably waiting on that. As soon as that gets done you will get it now that Kelvin is aware of it.

Again thanks for your patience.
Glad to Have You as fellow members!
:punk:

Oh, well then that's OK with me if it's normal to take a few weeks. The site just said a few days, so I thought after a couple weeks something might be wrong.
No problem, these folks have real lives to live, it's not like running the VMOA or any other motorcycle organization like this is their paying job or anything....

If a few weeks is normal I can wait!

Thanks a lot for the info, I'm really glad to have a chance to join!

I joined last month on Feb 25th mine in two days will be over a month and I have not heard anything either. I just emailed earlier today on the link on the VMOA site before I found this post. I will not be as worried now either since reading the replies. :)

Well, MySpace takes up too much of my time as it is. If I got the others, I'd never have time to ride!

Well, MySpace takes up too much of my time as it is. If I got the others, I'd never have time to ride!

I hear ya, but I'm around computers at work and home when I'm not out riding. And I get caught up in all this modern day global communication technology that makes the world such a tiny place...ya know... compared to the whole big, wide, vast, never ending, universe.

One day I'll unplug and get off the grid! But until then, Firefox & Digsby simplify my lil world.

:punk:

Between MySpace, 3 active e-mail accounts, and 6 message boards, I cumunicate enough, I think. :biglaugh:

I can understand the dilemma of some folks who are concerned about extended wait-times when it comes to VMOA responses. I went through the prescribed channels to have my email address changed on the VMOA site. After waiting 2 months with no acknowledgement I contacted Kelvin directly and the requested changes were made the within a day or two. A well-oiled machine the VMOA is not. However, if you know the right people to contact, things will move along quicker. For example, I'm sure it is no coincidence that the membership process for Hatter, click-it, and coffee-brake hit warp speed when the concerns were posted on this forum where many VMOA execs are members.

Blaine Williams
Oshawa, Ontario

During the winter I have more time for online mind bending, but I need a break from it. I follow 3-4 forums, MSN, play world of warcraft, and just signed up for myspace at a friends request. All this and p0rn too, I think I have enough....!:biglaugh:

With the numbers that high on the member number now I don't feel bad being member number 1479. I'd have been a lot lower but they didn't find me for a few years. They found me a the dragstrip one year. The member that got me in was in the low double digits.

I can say I am in the very low numbers for the dale walker club but not sure if he even has had that going this century.

Sean

Latest posts

Back