Here is my newly acquired Vmax... 1st thoughts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
did u see if you were getting spark? you'd be able to tell a weak battery by the starter sounding weak (usually) altho i'd still go for a solid oddyssey battery.

did u see if you were getting spark? you'd be able to tell a weak battery by the starter sounding weak (usually) altho i'd still go for a solid oddyssey battery.

well i guess, anytime i gotta start my bike after it sits for couple of hours, i gotta use the choke no matter what... even if its hot out....

Sounds like you need to do the Shotgun and run a bit of SeaFoam..
+1 on that, seafoam definetly your friend. how much choke are you givin' it??? full or half and can you shut it off (the choke) right after it starts or need to let it warm up a little??? have you tried without choke when warm and just a slight blip of the throttle as you let go the start button? now i mean real slight blip, dont need to rev it up like a hero especially befor oil pressure comes up, just a little hint of off idle.

Sounds like you need to do the Shotgun and run a bit of SeaFoam..

What is shotgun?? And i do have a bottle of seafoam. I seafoamed my car actually where i had to pour some in the gas tank and in the vacuum hose?

How would i use seafoam on a bike? How much would i need?

+1 on that, seafoam definetly your friend. how much choke are you givin' it??? full or half and can you shut it off (the choke) right after it starts or need to let it warm up a little??? have you tried without choke when warm and just a slight blip of the throttle as you let go the start button? now i mean real slight blip, dont need to rev it up like a hero especially befor oil pressure comes up, just a little hint of off idle.

I almost have to let the choke out all the way to get it started after sitting... then bring it down in couple of secs... if i let out the choke suddenly, bike stalls...

hmmmmm, i have put a 1/4 can of seafoam right now, started up, no smoke or anything

good stuff. just a couple ounces of seafoam to a tank.

Seafoam recommends 1 ounce per gallon in the directions.

it can take a tank or two to notice. start prepping for shotgun.

When I was riding my Vmax home after purchasing it, I noticed after warm up it would barely idle without the choke and when first opening the throttle it would stumble and die. I found the shotgun treatment online and tried it the next day. Worked like a charm. Then for safe measure I ran the recomended amount of seafoam in a tank of gas. Runs great no problems. It beats the hell out of having to take the carbs off and clean or rebuild them. Make sure to check your diaphrams before reassembly. Make shure there are no pinholes or cracks in thin rubber part. If there are you should replace them with new ones.

GP

Latest posts

Back