Here?s the ?story??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnclePhilthy

Reaction score
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/1/7/315268.html
And here?s the end result?
http://www.baynews9.com/content/36/2008/1/10/316242.html?title=Opposition+growing+to+stiffer+motorcycle+laws

I hope nobody takes this topic as ?lecturing??. However?regarding the war stories thread, which btw I?m enjoying reading immensely, regarding who you last dusted on your ride?please allow for some thoughts from a FOG rider, who?s been around the block and back a few times?.

I LOVE hotrods? I?ve owned several in my time, from Detroit muscle cars, to a very hot 23T roadster just a few years ago? I got that along with some cash in trade for my last owned HD chopper?

I LOVE competition and racing? Back ?in the day? I did a lot of street racing?, even some almost every weekend ?organized events?, both here in FL and during 16 years I lived on the west coast (CA & OR)?

But friends?times have changed?It ain?t the same world?mainly it?s crowded as hell, and there are a lot more dumbass cagers out there then ever.

Now because of this very unfortunate ?accident? that got some Ninja riding squirrel killed doing 100+ on a daily very overcrowded local highway, and killed the unfortunate driver making a LEGAL l/turn. A guy that left behind a wife and four kids? Squirrel T-Boned the damn SUV so hard, that it was flipped over, and both vehicles caught fire. Witnesses with extinguishers could not even get close.

Now, here comes the politico?s demanding more fierce laws.

Basically, if you?re busted on a bike, at 50 or more over, they want the right to not only take your license, but if they get their way?they will be able to take your ride too!

I don?t think that even if it gets passed, that it would get by our state?s Constitutional muster? ?equal protection? and all that. But they?re damn sure gonna try!

So all I?m saying here, is just because some guy next to you at a light, or on the road might throw a challenge your way, think for a minute about the possible consequences. And know in your own heart that you could readily blow him away IF you wanted to?but you don?t have to prove anything. You just KNOW.

But if you just gotta do it?please be careful & stay safe ?. ?cause yer Uncle Philthy loves ya!

Good advice,

Here in Texas a street racing conviction carries a one year suspension of license first offense.

Back