Hey all together, new owner from Australia..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike&Lee

Reaction score
Hey folks, took me a while to find one but i did. just a week.. still getting used to it but it's fun.
Today i polished the scopes, not finished yet but I'll get there.
i also realised the the inner part of my speedometer is cracked badly, in i wonder if i can swapp it over with a speedo the has a different KPH , so now is up to 155 kph and wanna put on one with 260 kph. is that possible? thanks..

Attachments

• 20240523_085858[1].jpg
    20240523_085858[1].jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240602_140518[1].jpg
    20240602_140518[1].jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
The original Vmax was 145 bhp achieved by Vboost.
In the UK the first Vmaxs were without Vboost so were around 100bhp. (if you wanted a full power one, you'd look for an imported one, known ad a grey import). We did get the full power one after about 5 years.

Each model had a different speedo, the non Vboost version going to lower mph.

The only reason why you'd want to fit a speedo with a bigger maximum mph is if you have full power Vmax but someone fitted a speedo from the lower power model.

The original Vmax was 145 bhp achieved by Vboost.
In the UK the first Vmaxs were without Vboost so were around 100bhp. (if you wanted a full power one, you'd look for an imported one, known ad a grey import). We did get the full power one after about 5 years.

Each model had a different speedo, the non Vboost version going to lower mph.

The only reason why you'd want to fit a speedo with a bigger maximum mph is if you have full power Vmax but someone fitted a speedo from the lower power model.
Its a V boost model imported from Japan.
Speedo is in KPH.

Latest posts

Back