Hey Everyone, just posted in the Intro area and have a question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mta5002414

Reaction score
I want to pull codes on the black'16 I've got my eye on and I have an OBDII reader which does the normal stuff and real-time data too. I'm very familiar with how autos work and that if someone clears codes, it will show "Not Ready". I read that I can buy an adapter which plugs into a 4 wire connector on the bike and then to my OBDII reader. But I can't find out where the 4 wire connector is located on the bike. *forgot to mention I tried the search feature on here but found no info*

I also read the bike has a diagnostic mode but am not sure I can do that because it requires unplugging the fuel pump and then a lot of other steps (not sure if the current owner would like me getting that involved before purchase)

Any help is appreciated because I dont want to buy a problem in case someone is trying to hide issues by disconnecting the battery or clearing codes

Last edited:
The Gen 2's are almost bulletproof. I HAVE gotten into the diagnostic screen without disconnecting the fuel pump. Part of the diagnostic program is to actuate various things which you do not want to do if the bike is under fuel pressure, but if you are just looking, not really an issue, make sense? You cannot get rid of fault codes by disconnecting the battery. They stay until cleared.

If the bike looks good, sounds good, doesnt miss, doesnt have blinking warning lights as you go down the road.....buy it.

Latest posts

Back