how big?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on the brand of tire but I fit a 190 from MEZ (don't think they make them anymore) and now the Azaro 190 with a smidgen of room on the left. 180- no prob.

Attachments

• Moore park Aug 2 2008 (23).jpg
    Moore park Aug 2 2008 (23).jpg
    84.6 KB
Kenny, thanks for your imput but what I am looking for is the maximum that a 6" rim will allow. I don't care about vmax swing clearance I got me an idea... I just need to get home so I can Plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Gannon

I'd say a 190 is the highest to go without distorting the tire size. 6.5 inch wheels are recommended for 200's.

that is not what I wanted to hear guys... I was hoping to push the 200 mark. I already have a 6x17 and didn't want to have to change my set up. PISS!

Gannon

It depends on the tire. Distortion would be minimal at best. It's like putting the 170 in place of the 150 on the back using a stock rim. 170 minimal/no distortion, 180 too much distortion, both will fit.

Here is a pic of a shinko 200 on the back of COO's 17x5.5 wheel, fits good. I don't see any problems with a 200 on a 6" wheel.

Attachments

• user548_pic259_1216687288.jpg
    user548_pic259_1216687288.jpg
    65.9 KB
I have 5,5 and i've tried to run witj 180, 190 and with 200.
Any will fit very good, no problems at all.

After some testings I can say that 190 is a ideal size for v-max. Nothing more i need here.

Just my 2 cents...
Some people here use to say that:
on 5,5" rim you should put 180 or 190 tire.
on 6" rim you should put 190 or 200 tire.

Kenny, thanks for your imput but what I am looking for is the maximum that a 6" rim will allow. I don't care about vmax swing clearance I got me an idea... I just need to get home so I can Plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Gannon

What in the world are you doin? PM me if its a secret, I gotta know.

What in the world are you doin? PM me if its a secret, I gotta know.

I want to tell you what I am doing but if I do everyone will be waiting:confused2: and waiting:confused2: and waiting :confused2:because I don't get home very often. But I am working on making it so I can be home for good hopefully. If that doesn't happen then you guys will still be waiting. Because I don't get to be home for very long to plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I can tell you this I just spent a chunk of change on Ebay on bike parts that I am going to modify.. Hint hint so we can make it work on the max (or atleast that is the goal)... Sean would be one that has an insight when I say "jig" you guys will catch on soon enough... :rofl_200:LOL

Gannon

I have 5,5 and i've tried to run witj 180, 190 and with 200.
Any will fit very good, no problems at all.

After some testings I can say that 190 is a ideal size for v-max. Nothing more i need here.

Just my 2 cents...
Some people here use to say that:
on 5,5" rim you should put 180 or 190 tire.
on 6" rim you should put 190 or 200 tire.

+ 1 on the 190 size , here is a sample with a notched swingarm sporting a Michelin Pilot 2CT on a Kaw ZX7R wheel.

Attachments

• DSC00804.jpg
    DSC00804.jpg
    51.6 KB
200 will fit just fine and depending on the tire you plan to run it varies. Per Metzlers website (looking at the ME880) you can run up to a 210 on a 6" wheel. All manufacturers sites usually have the spec chart and will tell you how big it will be and approved wheel sizes and more.

http://www.us.metzelermoto.com/web/products/product_literature/default.page

Click on the 2008 .PDF

Sean

Latest posts

Back