'' how come'' ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New front tire and furbur fix took care of 45 mph wobble. My 06 had it also very noticable on decel.

Does anyone actually have a dampner on their bikes? Does it work - and does it look ridiculous?

Does anyone actually have a dampner on their bikes? Does it work - and does it look ridiculous?

Here is a picture of the 2 styles that I know of. The first is a Hyper Pro, not sure of the brand name of the second.

Attachments

• hyperprodamper2.jpg
    hyperprodamper2.jpg
    76.2 KB
  • damper.jpg
    damper.jpg
    48.4 KB
Mines pretty much identical to the second one.

It's really more of a play pretty I think than anything else, but I like it.

I'm 6 feet tall and couldn't stick my knee into it if I tried, unless I ran into the back of a car or something, in which case I be worried about other stuff anyway....

The "rotary" style dampers used on sport bikes are the way to go, but are in the $400 range and I don't think would fit a Max....

And while I generally tend to agree that a 100% perfectly set up bike doesn't need a damper, the good ones do work and work well,

Most classes of road racing will not allow the bikes on the track at all without a damper, because a perfecxt set-up is one thing, but tuning out absolutely 100% of shake/oscillation and weave is pretty much impossible......so after doing every thing you can do to get rid of the cause, you adress the symptom

I saw one on a Max the other night at a show but the owner wasn't around to ask....i'm interested myself......

Latest posts

Back