I don't want to do this but.....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thevmaxrider

Reaction score
All,

For those of you who know me you will know how tough this decision is. Due to a family emergency I am needing to raise a considerable sum of cash. For this reason I am looking at putting Snowmax up for sale as a last resort. What I would like to know is what everyone thinks is a fair price and if anyone is interested in buying. Thanks all in advance.....:wave bye:

WOW! Well break down the mods for us but I would guess 10 or so but a lower price would get rid of it quicker. Maybe taking out a loan with it as collateral is a better alternative? :confused2:

Unfortunately the bike is too old for the loan (was trying that and due to the credit crunch they won't use it). F'ing banks :bang head::bang head::bang head:

Mods:

1428cc PCW motor (new this year)
Morley jet kit
RC Sabre 18" wheels
New front/rear tires
COO R1 front end (just installed 3 weeks ago)
Drag bars
Progressive 418 12" shocks
HMF exhaust
COO frame sliders
ZX7 clutch master cyl.
LED tail light system
Custom paint
Cut down stock seat
Bar end mirrors
COO oil pressure gauge (speedo mounted)
Braided clutch, front brake, and rear brake lines
Galfer rear rotor

Those are the mods that are worth anything...........

WOW I'm speech less Jim. I hope things will be ok soon. I know thats got to be a very hard decision. My prayers are with you.
I think your bike is priceless

WOW I'm speech less Jim. I hope things will be ok soon. I know thats got to be a very hard decision. My prayers are with you.
I think your bike is priceless

My sincere hope is that I can work this out without parting with my baby, but the needs of the family outweigh my wants. I am hoping I can get this worked out shortly, if not Snowmax will put a smile on a new owner's face.

I know what ya can do..... Find a harley rider and make him a bet to race for 10K:rofl_200:

All kidding aside Jim, I am sorry to hear about a family emernecy. I wish all of us here had bunches of money to throw at you but as the econmy is sucking big time I could only afford to send a 3.00 LOL!!
Remember motorcycles are replaceable families arent. All things are meant to be. Later down the road it will make sense.
Ok I am done being soft and showing I have a heart. Now clean that sucker up and put a for sale sign on her, and keep the new buyers name so you can buy it back later in time.

Thanks guys for the good words. I will tell you that a friend has stepped up and offered to assist should my bank adventures not pan out. The offers for help are much appreciated, you guys just prove more and more to me how great the VMax community truly is. Tough to take when my wife was in tears thinking I had to sell Snowmax and would blame her.

Just catching up....geesh, glad it is looking okay. Let me know if you need anything. If you need a bike I'll ship mine up....so you can fix my brakes. lol

Will pass on what happened to put this in context:

We have had a really rainy last couple of days. Really heavy rains! Woke up this morning and it was raining INSIDE my house!! My roof apparently decided now was a time to leak around my chimney. The damage that I can readily see is insulation in attic is ruined, drywall in ceiling ruined, plaster work on ceiling destroyed, and maybe more I haven't seen. Going to have to re-roof a section of roof, replace insulation, replace drywall, and replaster at a minimum. My insurance company, dirty bastards, are not willing to pay a claim. Bank is balking at loaning out money to repair for some reason (think I have an idea but hey who am I).

Thank goodness I think that selling is not a necessity and we will get through this bump in the road.

We have had a really rainy last couple of days. Really heavy rains! Woke up this morning and it was raining INSIDE my house!! My roof apparently decided now was a time to leak around my chimney. The damage that I can readily see is insulation in attic is ruined, drywall in ceiling ruined, plaster work on ceiling destroyed, and maybe more I haven't seen. Going to have to re-roof a section of roof, replace insulation, replace drywall, and replaster at a minimum. My insurance company, dirty bastards, are not willing to pay a claim. Bank is balking at loaning out money to repair for some reason (think I have an idea but hey who am I).

Thank goodness I think that selling is not a necessity and we will get through this bump in the road.

Jim-Sometimes a little time for the shock to wear off and things start to look a bit different. Certainly sounds like a mess.

Is it possible to break the job up in smaller, more manageable chunks? Maybe some flashing and insulation to get you through the winter, take another swing at it in the spring? Just a thought.

Anyhow, it sounds a little less bleak, and that's a good thing.

danny

This happened to my neighbor also and the insurance didnt want to pay.

He huge ass blue tarp over his roof with cinder blocks holding it down. Its a true story!! He had this for about 6 months until he got all the inside work complete.
You can only do what you can do Jim, most off all dont stress and create health problems on your family or yourself its not worth it. Remember after every storm the sun will shine back on ya!!

:cheers:
Have a beer and relax man! Now go get that for sale sign of Snowmax and stop talking all crazy LOL

Jim, the real repair that needs to be done right away is the roof. And no reason you can't invite some of us there for a "roofing party"! :th_party33: I'd be more than willing to go up there for a weekend (or more) to help you out. The first thing to do is tarp the leaking area and that will stop the damage from spreading inside. The other repairs ( except maybe the insulation) can be done at your "leisure". Also how old are you existing shingles? If they are not too old, we can just patch the damaged area and not reshingle the whole roof. Let me know if you want a hand. I'm sure there are others here that would do a road trip.

Aw damn Jim, that sucks to hear about the roof and associated damage. If you would like I could come over to lend a hand. I have a little bit of insulation I could donate, a roll and of wall insulation 4.5" I think. Maybe some pieces of drywall too. (I will check when I get home.) It would cover a small area at least.

Well, went into my attic to determine the leak location...... and can't find one!!! Now I am thinking that my chimney (stainless steel double cased and insulted) has a seam leak somewhere. Good news is that the damage inside is not as bad as once assumed. I dug out the insulation in the area and it is dry, from the amount of water coming out of the ceiling I wouldn't have believed this. My supposition is that the water is coming down the chimney, going through the hole in the vapour barrier, and then travelling along the top of the drywall material between it and the vapour barrier before leaking out. Going to start digging a little deeper tonight and hope to have the cause and damage extent figured out. Am really hoping it is just a seam leak in the chimney!!! Heck of a lot cheaper and easier to fix when compared to having to re-roof a section of my house!! Hate it when panic sets in.

Well that's good news! :thumbs up: I hope as you investigate further you get better news!!!! Water has a funny way of going where you don't expect it to.

Latest posts

Back