I don't want to ruffle anynes feathers... BUT

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree and as a new prospect member I have chosen to wait until things get better before joining.

Agreed Sean. When someone buys something on our site it sends them a confirmation email. If I spend 30 bucks it would be nice to get the same. I just had to log in and see if I could get into the site from time to time after signing back up after letting it go for a few months.

If there is anyone willing to donate some time to fix up the website they will gladly take volunteers to do that.

Sean

In what way? Moderation and such is MUCH needed but I am in NO way a computer programmer. They need to go to VB software which IMO offers MUCH better mods and features. Any computer literate person should be able to move the database over to the new VB site.

Thisi s a perfect example that a website now a days in one of the most important things to have right, if someone can't get around it or it doesn't work they leave the website.

I wish I had the time I would offer to help but I have so many things going on in my life now and can only do so much......

I'm sure once they get someone to fix the problems they will be back up and everyone will be happy.

A good webdesign is a website that once finished runs it's self with the exception of updates to the site. to run a site like this forum takes hours and hours and hours.... which = $$$

It's through the VMOA that I've met many new friends and received a ton of tech help. (FREE). The VMOA predates these lists and really started the whole Vmax network. So....whether the membership dues are $30 or 40 I will stay loyal and pay! (maybe not $100 :biglaugh:)

Jim Rodgers travelled many hrs just to help me with my swingarm and solid motor mounts etc....Sean Morley instructed/assisted me in installing a jet kit (in the pouring rain) :eusa_dance: I couldn't get this type of help even paying big $.

These are the types I've met because of the VMOA!
By all working together we can make improvements. And yes...technology now dictates that the web site should be upgraded.

Dale #2592

Dale, you can get this type of help for FREE through lists like this and others that are easy to navigate through and FREE to join. As a non-VMOA member I have both given and received help from riders...you don't need to pay a club for this kind of support! Blaine

Dale, you can get this type of help for FREE through lists like this and others that are easy to navigate through and FREE to join. As a non-VMOA member I have both given and received help from riders...you don't need to pay a club for this kind of support! Blaine

Well Blaine, I'm not going to sit here and argue with you on whether or not being a member of the VMOA or member supporter of vmaxforum.net or any other forum or club is worth paying into or not - that's a personal choice for anybody, but to state that getting help, etc... from other vmaxers is free, well I disagree with you there. Nothing is free, there's cost to run this or any other site and time spent also.

I think the question that needs to be asked is whether your willing to pay for the help your getting. I have met some great people here and at the VMOA, learned alot about our steed, received and gave tech help through these medias, collaborated on custom parts with other members, went to organized rides, got first hand info and details on custom mods and so on.

So to me, yes it's worth the price of admission to these medias, $30 membership to VMOA, $25-$50 donation to vmaxforum.net - value to me = priceless

Mike

Blaine,
Yes you can get all that for free.....but I state again "The VMOA started the vmax network" and you have received some benefit from that. The internet and member benevolence has accelerated the transfer of information. There was and still is a cost for that and the members pay for it through their dues. If you want to contribute that's up to you, but, I feel that it's a very small price to pay.
And there is a cost to run this site as well! Someone's paying for you to use it.
And yes I will be a forum supporter very shortly.

Dale
VMOA #2592

I suppose if you're looking for a dollar for dollar return from your dues or donation money you're prolly not going to get it. It's just not that tangible, but if you are interested in being part of the 'V Max Brotherhood' then $30 to the VMOA and $50 to the VMF every year is a tiny price to pay! About a week and a half of smokes for a smoker, a few hours in a bar for a drinker....not much IMO!!

Don't think there are too many places where you can send your carbs to a guy for cleaning and he'll put them on his bike after to check them out, or find a guy who'll ride for several hours to help someone install a jet kit...just cause he likes to do it, or be rebuilding a basket case and receive all kinds of parts & peices from guys you've never laid eyes on (no charge, not even shipping)....that's the 'Brotherhood' I'm referring to.

I feel lucky to have run across this group of people, both the VMF and the VMOA. Of course there will be folks who don't agree with me, to them I say..."Save your money, don't join either organization!" But you know what...we'll help you out anyway, all you gotta do is ask!

I suppose if you're looking for a dollar for dollar return from your dues or donation money you're prolly not going to get it. It's just not that tangible, but if you are interested in being part of the 'V Max Brotherhood' then $30 to the VMOA and $50 to the VMF every year is a tiny price to pay! About a week and a half of smokes for a smoker, a few hours in a bar for a drinker....not much IMO!!

Don't think there are too many places where you can send your carbs to a guy for cleaning and he'll put them on his bike after to check them out, or find a guy who'll ride for several hours to help someone install a jet kit...just cause he likes to do it, or be rebuilding a basket case and receive all kinds of parts & peices from guys you've never laid eyes on (no charge, not even shipping)....that's the 'Brotherhood' I'm referring to.

I feel lucky to have run across this group of people, both the VMF and the VMOA. Of course there will be folks who don't agree with me, to them I say..."Save your money, don't join either organization!" But you know what...we'll help you out anyway, all you gotta do is ask!

AMEN!! :eusa_dance:
Very well put....thks

Dale

I persoanlly like this forum better then the VMOA site, also you can chose to donate if you want, which I have because of all the great guys who offer help on here. I'm not against becoming a VMOA member but in no hurry.

If they can't get the membership payment page working correctly what else isn't working? Just my opinion once again, here many donate and many don't, at VMOA everyone who jons has to pay their $30, you'd think they have more money to make sure their website is working properly.

Just my opinion

Ron

Ron,

We do understand that the website has some issues. These are being worked on by the VMOA Directors and our own Buster. One thing that folks have to understand is that everyone who is a Director, Officer, and Webmaster are volunteers. Nobody is making money at this and we all do what we can as we can. Sometimes things may take a while to fix, but they do get done. Whether you join the VMOA is up to you.

Dan, well written!!! Cheers, Bravo....:worthy:

Ron,

We do understand that the website has some issues. These are being worked on by the VMOA Directors and our own Buster. One thing that folks have to understand is that everyone who is a Director, Officer, and Webmaster are volunteers. Nobody is making money at this and we all do what we can as we can. Sometimes things may take a while to fix, but they do get done. Whether you join the VMOA is up to you.

Jim,

I'm not knocking the VMOA, I'm just pointing out my concerns when I tried to join, when something isn't working it tends to make people question it and wonder. I don't blame you guys who are members of the VMOA for sticking up for your club.

Where does all the money from the fees go?

Ron

I think the question that needs to be asked is whether your willing to pay for the help your getting...

Mike[/QUOTE]

Hi Mike!

I've paid plenty...money, time, lodging, parts, muscle, etc even when folks said they wanted nothing. However, paying a membership fee to an organization that has a poor website and issues communicating with its members or potential members may not be the best way to spend one's money.

I agree that a donation to this site is a great use of money.

Blaine

I think the question that needs to be asked is whether your willing to pay for the help your getting...

Mike

Hi Mike!

I've paid plenty...money, time, lodging, parts, muscle, etc even when folks said they wanted nothing. However, paying a membership fee to an organization that has a poor website and issues communicating with its members or potential members may not be the best way to spend one's money.

Blaine[/QUOTE]

Ok than, will be waiting to see FORUM SUPPORTER next to your forum name in the near future than.

Mike

Jim,

I'm not knocking the VMOA, I'm just pointing out my concerns when I tried to join, when something isn't working it tends to make people question it and wonder. I don't blame you guys who are members of the VMOA for sticking up for your club.

Where does all the money from the fees go?

Ron

Ron,

That is a great question to ask! Our funds go several different ways. The first, and largest, expense is the cost to pay to publish 4 issues of VBoost magazine per year for each member plus extras for Chapter Leaders and Officers to hand out to prospective members. The second large expense is the sponsoring of events put on by VMOA members world wide. I know that here in Ontario for instance we use about $1-2k USD per year in funds for several rides and for the bike shows if needed. We also use funds to add stock to our member store, bandwidth/server space for the website, postage, etc.

Trust me it is not a matter of sticking up for the VMOA, I just want to make sure that folks understand that we have acknowledged a few issues and are making a concerted effort to improve things. I really like it when a prospective member or a member for that matter asks for more information. It shows that they are taking an active stance where the club is concerned and it allows us to show transparency to the membership as a whole.

Hi Mike!

Blaine

Ok than, will be waiting to see FORUM SUPPORTER next to your forum name in the near future than.

Mike[/QUOTE]

Mike, I'm glad to give to you something to look forward to. Blaine

quite honestly, I joined way back when to meet other Vmax guys. This was when the internet was pretty new still and finding Vmax guys was hard to do. I started out like most with needing help to keep the bike running through it's quirks.

If you can believe it I am even kicked off a couple of the original vmax yahoo groups since they didn't like me telling them like it is. I try to keep my advertisements to a minimum and even when there is someone asking for options I give them all of them not just what I offer.

I don't really need the VMOA to help me figure out how to keep up the bike. However, I do like supporting all those guys and giving my help when I can. I've been a member for a long time and plan to stay one.

I've had my disagreements with some of the other members and even a very heated run in with a particularly big dickhead in Florida back in 2002. Almost was to the point of getting tossed in jail over it. I still didn't reflect that back to the club because we aren't holding everyone's hand. We offer ours when needed.

I've had members and non-members stay at my house. I've brought parts and services over 1000 miles and installed them in the rain! I've helped most of you on here at one time or another and never asked if you were members.

But, I will still say it's a great thing. There isn't one guy getting rich off our dues. We all can benefit. It's more then available to each and every one of us. I attend events that the club pays dinners for. They assist in paying for dyno events. They have even helped offset some of the costs on a group drag day.

Either way, I am rambling. To each their own. $30 isn't shit in the grand scheme of things and if my donation helps get another member a magazine with a great tech article or a chance to meet other guys at an event then I am happy to give.

I think Buster has a great forum here too and try to give him some help when I can. Of course some of the "help" is given back with the banner up top. If Gary ever needs more help to keep this site going all he needs to do is give me a shout and i'll try to do what I can.

Sean Morley

Well put Sean. Let's not forget it's the love of the bike that brings us all here (and to the VMOA). Give if you can and/or want to. This isn't college, and you don't necessarily have to pay to play. Just keep riding.

Latest posts

Back