I have to wonder,,,

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't get me wrong, I'll ride anything in the rain, I was just bum'd that I really couldn't open the max up like I wanted to. When I owned the 900rr I rode for three months straight, rain or shine. I remember putting on my rain gear and heading to work in a monsoon lol! I was paying good money for that bike and I thought I'll be damned if I'm not gonna get my money's worth! Plus the trans in my malibu was groaning like mad. The 900rr was a little more tricky in the rain though lololololol!

Why did it take so long for many of us who have been riding for years and have had dozens of bikes to finally get a VMax?

Maybe, just maaaaybeeeee, because they were/are ridiculously overpriced?? There`s a 2009 Gen-II sitting at the dealership close to my home, 20K (Euro!), I can`t imagine no-one around doesn`t want it. Take 5K off and it`s gone in a second I think

First bike, other then dirt bikes, was a Maxim. Got it cus I couldn't find any vmax for sale. Likely they would have been out of reach for a 19 yo anyway. After that there was a string of other bikes, always ones with 'personality', old ones or odd ones. Moved to Alaska and was looking around for something to ride during the two and a half moths of summer when a work mate mentioned that his friend bought 'this black bike' last year rode it once and was looking to sell it. Didn't know what it was or what year it was or how many miles where on it. Just knew that it was a harley like bike that scared everyone who ever rode it. Sounds like a VMax says I, how much does he want for it? Asking 4500$ but will bargin, says the workmate.

So I go over and take a look, sure enough it's a VMax. 1991 with 5k on it and 3th owner. Seems the first owner was so frightened of it he also rode it once then parked it. Only he apparently had something to prove to the big scary bike since he stuck it in the window of his flower store with a girls bicycle basket on the front. I've since met him; he's a doeshe. I do burnout leaving that intersection every time I can. I don't know who number 2 was but it seems he was the brave soul who put all those miles on it in the 22 years.

I too have to say the sound of the VMax is what really turns my crank. Love the power but there are a lot of powerful bikes out there these days. Fire up a max and most everyone stops to listen or tell you how much they love the sound. Every one but those harley guys who think you are drawing too much attention...

For me, I kinda fell into a Vmax. I was into Harley's big time back then. Used to custom build Harley's and sell them or do build to order.

On one job, the customer came up short on cash and offered me a 1996 Red Vmax, so we made a deal.

Wasn't sure what I was gonna do with the max, but eventually sold my Harley and kept the Vmax.

I am on my second Vmax now and haven't considered getting a Harley again yet!

Mike

I never see them on the road in Fl.
There ARE more than a handful, so to speak, nowadays, basking in the Florida sun, but with every 9 bikes outta 10 being a Hardleys it's hard to see through clogged arteries.

...I knew it was too much for a beginner. ...
nah .... i've been riding for exactly 2 years and 4 months, all on the back of a Max.

My story goes basically like this: Went shopping to see what was out there. Wanted some kind of 900cc. Sat in a Vulcan, looked up and saw Maxxy-boy staring at me with his puppy-dog eyes. Sat on his back and that was all she wrote.... :rofl_200:

My first bike was a Suzuki Intruder 800CC...a good bike...but started reading, and a Vmax caught my interest....but kinda like Bigfoot...in my area they are tough to find. In 2000 my mechanic was working on one, so I ask him if I could sit on it, and start it....hooked ever since. Fast forward to 2011 the divorce was finalized, and itching for a Vmax and found a 1st Gen at a dealer to make financing easier. I cant see myself ever getting rid of this bike....

Eric

There seem to be quite a few, "the divorce went-through, but I kept my VMax!" Or, in 'Traumahawk's' version, "lost my wife, bought a VMax!"

That, my friends, is a powerful bond. And evidently a good trade-off.:clapping::punk::biglaugh::rofl_200:

There seem to be quite a few, "the divorce went-through, but I kept my VMax!" Or, in 'Traumahawk's' version, "lost my wife, bought a VMax!"

That, my friends, is a powerful bond. And evidently a good trade-off.:clapping::punk::biglaugh::rofl_200:

Well while I'm at work I dont have to worry about someone riding the Vmax...lol...couldnt say that about the wife at the time...:rofl_200:

Why did it take so long for many of us who have been riding for years and have had dozens of bikes to finally get a VMax?

Maybe, just maaaaybeeeee, because they were/are ridiculously overpriced?? There`s a 2009 Gen-II sitting at the dealership close to my home, 20K (Euro!), I can`t imagine no-one around doesn`t want it. Take 5K off and it`s gone in a second I think

One word! MONEY! These bikes were 10 grand when new. That's a lot for a ill handling, nose diving muscle car on two wheels. But the horse has potential. Buy one second or third hand, pay cash and mod to your hearts content. I paid plenty of stupid tax being the first inline to buy a bike brand new. I'll never do that crap again. I only paid 3500.00 for a 2001 carbon in nice condition. Runs great, only had to do the pea shooter on the carbs an sync.

My parents never let me ride bikes. That was a dumb move, because as soon as I could, I got on one after I left home. It was an XS250 that I had to fix up to get going. I had a 750 Intruder and loved the V4, but because I hadn't been into bikes as a kid I didn't even know about the Vmax. (They also didn't sell them in Australia except for a coupld of years from about 2000.)

I was working in a bike shop that had a 2nd hand Vmax. Eventually I test rode it home for a few days and fell in love. It was after I bought it that I found out what all the reputation was about.

Love my Vmax.

Back