I want a VMAX!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wackjum

Reaction score
Hello. I am a huge Yamaha fan.

My first cruiser was a V-Star 650 (had sport bikes before). I've had the V-star over 10 years now. Then I discovered muscle cruisers so I got a Stryker and a Raider. Now I am searching for a VMAX.

Haven't decided on 1st or 2nd gen. My 650 is carbed so I don't mind dealing with a carbed bike. I'm located in Texas. If you come across any leads, let me know!

I'd take a test ride on both before you decide. The gen1 and Gen 2 are two totally different animals.
If your a sport bike type and legs will fit comfortably under the scoops. Then you might prefer the Gen 2.
But if you'r more of a classic cruiser who like to manhandle your bike, then you might prefer the Gen 1.

I'd take a test ride on both before you decide. The gen1 and Gen 2 are two totally different animals.
If your a sport bike type and legs will fit comfortably under the scoops. Then you might prefer the Gen 2.
But if you'r more of a classic cruiser who like to manhandle your bike, then you might prefer the Gen 1.
Ok. Thanks for the tips. I did not realize they were so far apart in personality. Now to find a way to test ride them...

Ok. Thanks for the tips. I did not realize they were so far apart in personality. Now to find a way to test ride them...
They are wildly different to drive, and the second generation one is heavier (and WAY more complicated to work on). I love the way the 2nd drives, but my knees are uncomfortable against the scoops. I'm on my 6th first-Gen Max.

Basically you cant go wrong with either one. If you like to wrench I would go for the gen 1! Mine will probably be buried with me lol

Where are you located?

My first cruiser was a V-Star 650 (had sport bikes before). I've had the V-star over 10 years now. Then I discovered muscle cruisers so I got a Stryker and a Raider. Now I am searching for a VMAX.

Haven't decided on 1st or 2nd gen. My 650 is carbed so I don't mind dealing with a carbed bike. I'm located in Texas. If you come across any leads, let me know!

Where are you located?

How about a showroom condition 2006 with only 1700 miles in Houston. New tires, fresh fluids, carbs just rebuilt. Available now, needs nothing.

If you're looking for a first gen in pristine condition you won't do better than this. Original owner passed away 2008 and bike sat in storage since then. It is totally original and imaculate condition with 1700 miles. since I aquired it I performed all the required maintenance & updates to put it in top notch road worthy condition. This includes: fresh fluids, new battery, new tires, totally rebuilt carbs syncronised & tuned. Fuel tank was removed & cleaned of minor rust.
This bike looks & performs like new. I am 75 years and have been restorations for 55 years. I have several other bikes including a custom Vmax and I need the room. Please contact me if you have questions. Price $8,800

Attachments

• 2024-06-22 10.42.17.jpg
    2024-06-22 10.42.17.jpg
    1.3 MB
  • 2024-06-22 10.44.17.jpg
    2024-06-22 10.44.17.jpg
    2.8 MB
  • 2024-06-22 10.45.00.jpg
    2024-06-22 10.45.00.jpg
    1.8 MB
  • 2024-06-22 10.45.22.jpg
    2024-06-22 10.45.22.jpg