i was alone.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax190

Reaction score
before i found this sight i only knew one vmax owner, this forum is great, anybody else been in the same situation?

before i found this sight i only knew one vmax owner, this forum is great, anybody else been in the same situation?

Is that vmax owner a forum member?

I didn't know anybody till i joined the vmoa.
I contacted a few members and heard about this forum thru Shawn Kloker.

Definitely in the same boat. I only knew one v max owner also--me! Lots of Harleys and others, but no max's.

We're a pretty select group, guys! I feel fortunate to be a part of it! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

thats what makes the vmax so great, few and far between,and why is that, best bike ever, you would think they would be everywhere.

would love to meet and ride with some fellow maxxers, i live in central ohio.

I live in Bowling Green, about 120 miles northwest of you. I'd be happy to ride down for a meet-up sometime next spring or summer. Tell you true, I've seen a Max or two around here from time to time, but that's sort of what I like about having a Max--you don't see yourself riding by all the time. Kind of an exclusive club, unlike with some scoots. Anyway, for sure we could ride together sometime--I'd like to come down and do some hills--flat as a poker chip around here. I'm self-unemployed, so I'm pretty free, except for my enslavement to the local golf courses in warm weather.

Glad you're on board. This is a great forum--great people make it that way.

Same here. It's nice to see that there a few guys on here with a gas tank's distance away from me... back in the States, that is.

I know that's why I bought one. Always like them after seeing one in 85 see very few on the road (really like that) I've met a few riders threw the vmoa rides. But they are only once a year.And I enter my bike in a lot of shows during the summer and have only seen one or two at them. I live on the Mich<>Ind boarder and would love to find a few more max riders to ride with a few times this coming summer.

On the other hand, I have seen a few Maxes in my travels and waved or stopped to talk and they seemed totally disinterested. I see one guy that works down the street from me, has a bone stock 97 and has a pocket protector (not that there is anything wrong with that) He seems to care less that he rides the Max. What gives? I give out my old V Boost magazines trying to spread the word to no avail. From Dayton Ohio to SW Florida, I have always seemed to find the Maxes. Not only that, I found that there are ton more in close proximity and they rarely get out to ride! How could that be? Last VMOA chapter get together was well attended but only a handful ever show up for the regular cruise ins/bike nights. I know there is a "loner" factor with some Maxers so I guess there are two sides to the coin so to speak. You won't be able to miss me, I am the V Max passing your ass! Sincerely, Patmax

It's like a Great White shark. They're rogue and don't get along with other white sharks. :)

Forgot to mention that the VMOA has a member lookup by location. I almost SH-T when I researched my area and saw so many close by. Too bad they do not communicate or ride much. Try that if you are a VMOA member. I am pretty sure there is a chapter leader south of you in Lancaster. I nice ride down 275 or 315. Mt. Vernon sucks by the way. Two speeding tickets on highway 71 between Cleveland and Cols. compliments of OSP. Not on the Max though.

I know a few that used to own one, but what got me was the guy one street over has one. great ppl too. I'm trying to talk him into joining the forum and VMOA.

On the other hand, I have seen a few Maxes in my travels and waved or stopped to talk and they seemed totally disinterested. I see one guy that works down the street from me, has a bone stock 97 and has a pocket protector (not that there is anything wrong with that) He seems to care less that he rides the Max. What gives? I give out my old V Boost magazines trying to spread the word to no avail. From Dayton Ohio to SW Florida, I have always seemed to find the Maxes. Not only that, I found that there are ton more in close proximity and they rarely get out to ride! How could that be? Last VMOA chapter get together was well attended but only a handful ever show up for the regular cruise ins/bike nights. I know there is a "loner" factor with some Maxers so I guess there are two sides to the coin so to speak. You won't be able to miss me, I am the V Max passing your ass! Sincerely, Patmax

I hear ya Patmax...
Sometimes I wish Florida was smaller. LOL!
I've chased down a few guys on Maxes in the area, and they seem to give a damn about riding with others.
And on the other hand, most of the VMOA members I know, never go out on weekly or monthly rides or events.
Hell, I only had 2 VMax riders show up for the Biketoberfest Ride this year.
I was a lil disappointed.
BBut Ohh well...
It's hard to get everyone together because Florida is at least a few hours depending on where your going to meet up.

I'm thinking we should get a monthly meet going somewhere around Lakeland. Like maybe on Sunday's once a month.
Or maybe even a rotating meet-up around the state. One month Jacksonville, next month Orlando, next month Tampa, next month Ft. Lauderdale, next month Daytona.
Something like that on like the first or last Sunday afternoon of the month.
Just need to find a good place that caters to the variety like Steak and Shake or something along that line.
We could all meet at high noon, go for a two hour ride, then eat, then everyone could head out and still be home at a decent hour.

I'm thinking we should get a monthly meet going somewhere around Lakeland. Like maybe on Sunday's once a month.
Or maybe even a rotating meet-up around the state. One month Jacksonville, next month Orlando, next month Tampa, next month Ft. Lauderdale, next month Daytona.
Something like that on like the first or last Sunday afternoon of the month.
Just need to find a good place that caters to the variety like Steak and Shake or something along that line.
We could all meet at high noon, go for a two hour ride, then eat, then everyone could head out and still be home at a decent hour.

Hey that sounds like a great idea Rob! I'd definitely be up for it. Since joining the forum I've met Uncle Philthy and Richwrench, and I am glad to have done so. Been on one ride together so far, but am definitely up for more soon. Rich was actually talking about us 3 riding over to you one weekend, and this might just happen soon :eusa_dance:

I'm also really happy and glad for all the help I've gotten from many here with a number of issues, and hope I can return the favors one way or another at some point in the near future. :clapping:

well dang Naughty, I guess that means I pick you guys up on my way up since I am south of you. I got in laws in Lakeland so that would be a nice put for me. I know a killer steakhouse. 82 nd must have been one of those logistics types in the service. His idea makes sense to me but Jacksonville is out for me. Too long for my arse. Otherwise , keep the idea going! PATMAX

I DID'NT NO ANY , NOW I FEEL LIKE I HAVE A COUPLE HUNDRED FRIENDS THAT RIDE THEM ! I HAVE MET DANNYMAX IN PERSON , BECAUSE OF THIS FORUM ! AND BOTH OF US PLAN ON MEETING A BUNCH MORE OF YOU GUY'S IN "09" ! AND LOOKING FORWARD TO IT !:punk:

well dang Naughty, I guess that means I pick you guys up on my way up since I am south of you. I got in laws in Lakeland so that would be a nice put for me. I know a killer steakhouse. 82 nd must have been one of those logistics types in the service. His idea makes sense to me but Jacksonville is out for me. Too long for my arse. Otherwise , keep the idea going! PATMAX

Actually I'm more of an assault guy.
I got the idea by thinking of the best way to concur the entire state. LOL!

My idea is actually to find what the maximum 3-4 hour radius is for everyone and then go from there.
I realize that's only going to work for those of us in the middle of the state. Which is why the rotating meets might work better.
I Love to ride, but I myself am not great at traveling 4 hours just to hang out for an hour or two.
Which is why I'm trying to find things worth riding to.
Bike nights are great, but to ride a couple hours at night and end up getting home real late on a weekday. It's not really a great option for a big turn out.

I'll keep working on it and tweeking it.
If you guys got ANY Ideas, feel free to through them out there.

i have two friends i ride with, one rides a gsxr1000 and the other rides a harley fatboy, where in the hell do i fit in, the gsxr has to wait on me on a curvy road and then leave his ass on the straights, and doug on his hd is a couple of smokes and beefjerkey behind. the max is a different breed!!!

Latest posts

Back