I'm watching!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$500 today... $300 Friday...$3000 couple weeks ago... You are a very mean monkey. And someday we will unite and stand up united against your tyranny! Liberating our bank accounts and making the wives eyes stop rolling!

But seriously... Not today... Maybe tomorrow... Think I might wait a bit...

Think I need to for down for a sec.... Figure out how to pay for my nitrous...

I will obey....

All hail the monkey!

Oh great monkey! I'm saving up full exhaust system and jet kit for next winter lay up, however I see a plethora of small cosmetic mods this spring. Maybe a tail light, too.

Help me out Oh Mod Monkey!!!!

I'm planning to fit a Memphis Shades "Bullitt" fairing on the Max. NO help from the manufacture. No local store has an example to see what will be needed to make up the mounts or if the fairing will even fit.

Seems like nobody has done this before----you would think that M/S would at least be interested in another fitment for thier newest fairing????

Any thoughts??
Lew

I'm nearly thru with my winter mods, waiting on the Magical Racing carbon fiber seat cowl and the Big Bike belly pan is at the painters. Mods I've completed are Yamaha Y's Gear lowering kit, Yamaha carbon fiber scoops and side covers, Pingel EZ shift, Shinko 003 Stealth 180/55/18, "re-tune" 4N1BA V-2 reflash and Pantera/Striper tank pad.

Have I spent anough $$$$ Mr. Mod Monkey???lol

Spring is almost here....let's get modding out there!!

Yes sir! :worthy:
New mirrors went on last night, HID kit for my dual projectors on the way
DSCF1622.jpg

All hail the MM that rest on our backs, from the minor to the major mods. He whispers the words to us. The longer we do not follow his orders the louder he becomes. MM is never happy till a mod is complete. MM shows us pride when we finish our mod he has directed. When we show our mods off, MM cheers us on to another mod.

Re: I'm watching!....and note to K.J.

Help me out Oh Mod Monkey!!!!

I'm planning to fit a Memphis Shades "Bullitt" fairing on the Max. NO help from the manufacture. No local store has an example to see what will be needed to make up the mounts or if the fairing will even fit.

Seems like nobody has done this before----you would think that M/S would at least be interested in another fitment for their newest fairing????
Any thoughts??
Lew

I just checked out the M.S. website - groovy looking fairing! Should look great on your Max, especially if you like the "black is bad" style of modding.
Have you purchased yet? If not, why not cruise the bike shops, and find the model (of those listed for this fairing) that comes the closest to having the dimensions of the mounting locations compared to those on your bike.
Then, hopefully, all you will need to do is bend a bracket slightly or add a washer or two, to customize the fitment to the max. And keep in mind that it is usually easier to add to a dimension, as opposed to taking away - i.e., add spacer washers, rather than cut, shorten, and re-weld a bracket.
As for the headlight fitment - many folks on this forum have fitted 7" round headlights, to replace the smallish stocker. I think the Bullit fairing would look much nicer with the larger size. Just my two cents.
Cheers, good luck Lew!:punk:
p.s. K.J. Shover- When you have a few minutes, try photoshopping this fairing onto your bike of a few years ago, with the Sunpro tach, and add a 7"round H.L. - NOW THAT WILL BE ONE BADDDDDD ASS MACHINE! Post a photo or two. Thanks!

I prefer to keep a low profile with the lecherous primate, I do not need a lower level species directing my build with it's inferior intelligence! I like to use quality vendors such as Sean Morley to help with bringing to fruition my Vmax vision.
That being said, more than enough money will have been spent that when Redbone emerges from her long winter sleep to make the chimpanzee nod with approval. He probably will think one of his minions was hard at work all winter with no time to report in.

For some reason I don't think there will be a report!!!! BUWHAHAHAHA!!!!

:character36: eliminated MM.jpg

Last edited:
Your going to be getting a total clutch system rebuild out of me soon....ya hairy little #%&*%$@$%^............

I have some other evil monkey running around over here. He took my air shifter & Nitrous savings & bought new fenders & valance panel & door hinges for my girlfriends Mustang.

I know what ur sayn Capt......One of my "other" monkies happens to wear a Kawasaki vest.....

My winter season has been flying bye.......

H2Rebuild.jpg

I, personally, am now monkey-proof. I'm now free to modify at my own pace. True this season my bike will stretch an additional 6", True some other things will be done to the instrument cluster.
Yes it's true my bike now roars like a lion. I have now cast aside the monkey and embraced the lion. so now.....

yourmonkeymonkeyspankli.jpg

I know what ur sayn Capt......One of my "other" monkies happens to wear a Kawasaki vest.....

My winter season has been flying bye.......

H2Rebuild.jpg

Yeah, same here Mike....my monkey's wearing Yamaha colors but still got me out straight....winter??? what winter! No snow this year but I'm buried in valves!!:biglaugh:

Attachments

• 100_2813.jpg
    100_2813.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_2811.jpg
    100_2811.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 13
Back