increasing Performance/handeling...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright, among my numerous threads I have asked a lot of general questions, I think it might be time to ask some more specific questions.

Question One: What can I do to reduce clutch slippage?

I am guessing

To start with just the clutch, if all is in ok condition, I believe Joe A just put in an extra spring only, and never had slipping again. You can ask around for a used OEM spring, which might be easier on the pull, and may get one super cheap or better. I'd already done the full disk in the back with new oem fibers, and bead blasted the steels then popped the extra used spring in when I had the opportunity to get one (thanks a million to Heritic). So this is one done on the cheap sometimes. A stock set up will usually slip. The difference will be felt.
Steve

If you go to lowes and buy a 1" hole saw and a exstenion for a drill you can send it up the exhaust outlet and drill out the deflector plate. $20 for drill set up. buy a k&n air filter for stock box. $60. buy a pcw spring and a new clutch fiber $65. at this time you will have a bike that sounds mean like it should but it will have a slight lean pop at about 4000rpms some people let it go and some jet. when i did my bike i took it to a dyno man and he told me to jet the piolet a little richer and install a k&n air filter. It was lean down low and rich up high. so i did so and we put out 116hp at 78.5 torq. it cost me $300 for him to dyno tune and the k&n filter. the dyno tune did set the carbs up nice. after i got done the bike ran and sounded alot better. Over the summer i ran beekeeper alot and he stayed with me and his bike has the 5 holes drilled in the end of the muffler. do to my weight i feel my bike was slightly faster but not much at all. I dident have the dd clutch at that time. It would have helped alot. Wildman and 2fear proved to me that if you want a big change in power you need a full race system. But this will cost you about $1250 if you do it your self $850 for exhaust $300 for stage 7 and pod filter $100 for shift light. If you can jet and set up your own carbs you can come up with a nice improvment if you drill the exhaust out and do the dd or pcw clutch mod and k&n filter. I will be changing to the pcw clutch spring. Now that im into a race exhaust and a stage 7 i feel that for the money i would have been better of with the exhaust drilled out and a dd or pcw clutch. But than again that mod monkey everone is talking about is hard to kick.

Back