Introduction and Quick Question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsbeliever

Reaction score
I haven't owned a street bike in over 20 years, so this morning I travelled out to the boonies and bought a 1985 VMax with just under 14k miles. I actually owned a motorcycle shop from 1976 to 2001 and always admired this model when it was released. Needs a good cleaning, then I'll post some pics. Interestingly enough, a few years back the Kerker on this bike was replaced with an NOS exhaust system (perfect for me, I wanted something reasonably quiet). Anyway, here's my question. Bike has a new Avon X rear tire, but it's a 170/80-15 (stock is 150/90-15). Any foreseeable problems? Thanks in advance for any advice.

You may enjoy it even-more if you get that Kerker 4/1 or a Star Rider Performance 4/1, (the new UFO) and a Stage 7 Dynojet kit, or a Morley's Muscle ([email protected]) Jet Kit, a set of HH front caliper pads from a known manufacturer, along with stainless steel brake lines for the front. That will give you significant changes to increase your riding enjoyment.

Latest posts

Back