IRC rear tire on my 85 just spins....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yankee,Can you post a link to where you are getting your Shinko's?
Not many ever even heard of them around here and they are hard to find.
I do agree the 03 or 01 is the best radial tire for the strip.Really soft.

I tried to find some shinko podiums for my wifes bike and was told it would take 3 months for them to come.No one stocks them.It does come in the 160/60/zr18 size that I need.

High Shawn
Its not like the oo3 compound Shink bought it from Yokahama which was know as the 003 compound

If you do a search for Shinko Tourmaster 170 80 15 in google you will find many places that sell
I tried and loved it I bought 3 they are reasonable and work very well street and strip

Thanks for being the mature one here and being open minded rather than people knocking something they havent tried

Yankee,Can you post a link to where you are getting your Shinko's?
Not many ever even heard of them around here and they are hard to find.
I do agree the 03 or 01 is the best radial tire for the strip.Really soft.

I tried to find some shinko podiums for my wifes bike and was told it would take 3 months for them to come.No one stocks them.It does come in the 160/60/zr18 size that I need.

http://www.tiresunlimited.com/ALL%20TIRES/Shinko/shinko_misc.htmhttp://www.tiresunlimited.com/displaycart.asp?url=/ALL TIRES/Shinko/shinko_misc.htm

High Shawn
Its not like the oo3 compound Shink bought it from Yokahama which was know as the 003 compound

If you do a search for Shinko Tourmaster 170 80 15 in google you will find many places that sell
I tried and loved it I bought 3 they are reasonable and work very well street and strip

Thanks for being the mature one here and being open minded rather than people knocking something they havent tried

I really like Shinko tires.My last rear was supposed to be a stealth,003.I ended up with a dunlop 525 or something because my tire didn't come in time.It's already about gone.I only get a season out of any rear I have tried.Shinko prices are very low too.No 18" front radials though,All 17".

Here is the 15" VW slick that can work on a stock rear wheel with some shaving of the bead lock.

Attachments

• shinko.jpg
    shinko.jpg
    13.2 KB
  • phoenix.jpg
    phoenix.jpg
    32.2 KB
FWIW, I didn't knock a tire other than the Dunlop, I said zero about the Shinko other than comparing to a slick tire on the street if that were the case. No need to jump to conclusions either. Lets keep it easy, no need for another Tommy O style post. :cheers: and keep the cold brew commin, or you can call me whatever you want as long as it's to my face, not on the computer there tough guy. Ya know, since your so "mature" and all ;)

Ahh ya think :ummm:

As he orginally stated "Last night as I was trying to launch a bit from the stop lights, I discovered how easily this IRC spins."

I am assuming he rides his bike hard and looking for a tire that will grip under hard accleration which is a key with him
That is why I said the Shinko is the way to go Last time I checked the track was made of asphalt are your roads made of something different
are never mind mis understood again :bang head:... think it might have something to do with clutch controll :biglaugh:..maybe he has one of the maxes with 145 hp.....your a die hard drag racer i know whats important to you...id think on the street the better drag racer will win from light to light no matter what tire hes running,,,so is the IRC a harder compound for higher milage ?

Thanks for the reply yankee, and everyone else.

I was definitely hoping to hear about different tires you guys have used. I'll look around a bit using your suggestions.

If I'm going to have a Max, I'm going to hot rod it a bit. I did mention "lasts a very long time" in my post, but that term is subjective. A tire that hooks up and lasts 3k is probably fine. It's hard to get both in a tire, but we don't have any drag strips or race tracks very closeby, either.

All I know is this IRC isn't going to cut it. I smell a burnout coming.....

IMO Stock 15 in wheel

I have ran the Metzler- Avon Venom- Michelin- Bridgestone- goodyear 195 65 15 car tire- M&H car slick

The best for Traction and Wear Metzler ME880
Smoothiest quietist Michelin
Best Traction as far as launching Shinko

WORST tire is the VENOM !!! Than the Bridgestone

Lets let it go boys! This thread is about 1mm from being closed!

Seems to me that everyone has made a good point or two.

Take this fight/bickering to P/M's.

I moved the drivel posts to the drivel thread.

Lets let it go boys! This thread is about 1mm from being closed!

Seems to me that everyone has made a good point or two.

Take this fight/bickering to P/M's.

I moved the drivel posts to the drivel thread.

Rought Row... Chris is cleaning house again!

Just please tell me you don't strap on an apron when you do this!

<giggle>

everything seems fine to me ..i find it interesting that a tire that has the the best so called grip is labeled under tourmaster its a touring tire

In 15" I have had great luck with the ME880, and that's dragging the sides of my boots in the twisties with a bike that aint lowered.

Since going to 18" in the back I've only ran one tire, the AVON Venom R (radial) and am extremely pleased with it. It's even better in the twisties. I haven't run any other rear radial yet so am not qualified to have an opinion on other tires, but unless my 18" radial and the 15" Venom Lankey is saying is shit are different compunds then I say the Venom is far from being a banana peel. Probably they are different compounds. As far as I know there IS a Venom without the R in the name which to me means it's gotta be a bias tire; and there fore a different compound probably also?

Rusty

Last edited:
In 15" I have had great luck with the ME880, and that's dragging the sides of my boots in the twisties with a bike that aint lowered.

Since going to 18" in the back I've only ran one tire, the AVON Venom R (radial) and am extremely pleased with it. It's even better in the twisties. I haven't run any other rear radial yet so am not qualified to have an opinion on other tires, but unless my 18" radial and the 15" Venom Lankey is saying is shit are different compunds then I say the Venom is far from being a banana peel. Probably they are different compounds. As far as I know there IS a Venom without the R in the name which to me means it's gotta be a bias tire; and there fore a different compound probably also?

Rusty

Rusty,The avons that I didn't like were bias venoms.I didn't get 2000 miles from one.The front lasted ok but was a 120 and was freakin huuuuuge.

i was rethinking ...the irc tire on my 85 just spins...compaired to its binding up and wont turn...sounds all good to me

Latest posts

Back