Is this you?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EAGLEPI

Reaction score
Back in 1995 this guy named Brad bought my 92 VMAX, If I remember right Brad was from Okla.

Is this somone who could still be a VMAX owner and a member here?

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, He bought my 92 in the summer of 94 for $6500 then went home and paid $8000 for that 94 for his wife.. Nice guy huh? I wish he was a member here I would like to see how they are doing now.

Brad's bike was roughly the same speed as a Virago 750 his buddy owned and couldn't understand why. :biglaugh:

Do you know Brad???? my 92 that he bought was a fast bike so if it's the same brad and same bike I wonder what he did with it??

i think hes making a joke at brad... uh... lets just say not wondering where his next meal is coming from.

If so that isn't very cool.... making fun of people when you don't know them is lame. He was a nice guy,

If it's any consolation, I make fun of people that I know as well. And in return, they make fun of me. I've got a large head. I get a ton of jokes about paying my barber by the hour. Life is too serious to take stuff to heart. My best friends are giant assholes. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I still disagree, you don't make fun of a persons looks period. It may be different if you are good friends and both know it is joking and you are busting each other balls.

People have to realize that the people who are being made fun of might see the post and that wouldn't be cool. You can do what you want but I personally have lost all respect for you.

I'm sure Brad is a nice guy but he's got another guy in there trying to get out! I'm slowing growing that way myself but hopefully can hold it back. I bet that sucker wheelied like no other. I've not ran into them that I am aware of but it's been a long time too since you sold them the bike. Most of us fatties have no problems with a simple joke which is all that was and is.

Sean

My last post on this subject, I posted the pic's in hopes of reconnecting to someone I sold one of my VMAX'S to, not to have people make fun of him.

I for one fought weight all my life and I know what it can do to your head, it doesn't help with people make fun of you.

It's up to you if you want to continue but I don't see it as funny.

Ron

Ron, no problem with your concerns but I don't think anyone here is "Bashing" the guy. He knows he's got a belly and whether he's trying to do anything about it is his business. It's all about the attitude which I am sure he has a good one of.

When I worked for an auto center I once had a customer that kept coming back in complaining we weren't getting the alignment set right in his car. I didn't have a choice but to tell this 400+ lb guy that his car was going to drive normally for the average person but pull to the left with him in the drivers seat and right with him in the passenger seat. I asked him what he wanted to do. We ended up letting him sit in the car while we did the alignment and problem was solved. We joked around about the weight issue and (at least from the outside) he was having a good time himself. If you are too self conscious then maybe some comments like this are going to sting. That's where you need a thicker skin since most of the average public doesn't quite look like that.

He's a big guy and the bike is going to feel it. No if's and's or but's about it.

Now, I've not seen him or his wife (which I think isn't an unattractive woman at all). I've only seen a handfull of women riding vmax's period and have pretty good memory of them on a vmax. Maybe the best bet would be to go through the old VMOA membership listings to see if they were members back in the day. your regional director should be able to access the listings for the area they were living in and see if there was a his and hers listing.

Sean

It's not that important I connect with this guy it was just funny I ran across the pic and wondered if he might still be a VMAX fan and maybe be on here without me even knowing it. I made the mistake of posting his pic and I guess people can have fun joking around but I just don't think it is right.

That's just me. So I changed the post and took the pic off. I have more important problems to worry about ( MY BIKE ) then to waste time defending a guy that I don't even know.

So I came down on you pickles... I guess I am just touchy because I once weighed 385 lbs and now I am at 233 so I am still a big guy but I also felt the digs that fat people get all the time and most people don't understand how it can hurt, I do so that is why I reacted this way.

Ron

First glance at that picture, and I thought someone had posted me on my 85, but I know I never rode with that gal, so it had to be someone else.

YES, the jabs at large people can hurt. I'm 250+ and don't even like looking at a pic of me. I don't have anyone wanting out of me, nor have I ever entertained the thought of eating my Vmax. Losing weight isn't a walk in the park like thin people always assume it is or should be. There are many reasons for a person to become overweight, and a lot of them are completely out of that person's control. Trust me, it can happen to the best of us. I certainly never thought it could be me.

I used to be 185 and bench over 300, run 10k's and life was good. Then came the blood clots. Medicines followed. POOF! +80lbs seamingly overnight. Then my hip joint took a shit. Then the new hip, and another 20lbs. bla bla bla. I could write a book about declining health, but too many have written it before.

Having a good sense of humor and smiling when someone sounds off about weight control, or lack thereof, doesn't mean it don't hurt on the inside.

I, too, hope Brad doesn't see this post. :bang head:

I'll make the same "brag" to anyone 'thinner' than me that I did on our Eureka Springs AR ride last spring: "take off. You can't leave me behind enough to matter". In other words: I can ride tolerable for an old fat man on a stock 85. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

nuff said, and I'll get off my soap box.

Now I'm wondering if that's why I don't have the highspeed wobbles....:ummm: .......and now I'm trying to make fun of myself.....:damn angry:

First glance at that picture, and I thought someone had posted me on my 85, but I know I never rode with that gal, so it had to be someone else.

YES, the jabs at large people can hurt. I'm 250+ and don't even like looking at a pic of me. I don't have anyone wanting out of me, nor have I ever entertained the thought of eating my Vmax. Losing weight isn't a walk in the park like thin people always assume it is or should be. There are many reasons for a person to become overweight, and a lot of them are completely out of that person's control. Trust me, it can happen to the best of us. I certainly never thought it could be me.

I used to be 185 and bench over 300, run 10k's and life was good. Then came the blood clots. Medicines followed. POOF! +80lbs seamingly overnight. Then my hip joint took a shit. Then the new hip, and another 20lbs. bla bla bla. I could write a book about declining health, but too many have written it before.

Having a good sense of humor and smiling when someone sounds off about weight control, or lack thereof, doesn't mean it don't hurt on the inside.

I, too, hope Brad doesn't see this post. :bang head:

I'll make the same "brag" to anyone 'thinner' than me that I did on our Eureka Springs AR ride last spring: "take off. You can't leave me behind enough to matter". In other words: I can ride tolerable for an old fat man on a stock 85. :biglaugh::biglaugh:

nuff said, and I'll get off my soap box.

Now I'm wondering if that's why I don't have the highspeed wobbles....:ummm: .......and now I'm trying to make fun of myself.....:damn angry:

I took the pic of Brad off so he won't see it. of course some brad in Okla might see the thread and wonder if everyone was talking about him.

I don't hink the people on this forum are mean but it goes to show you that sometimes we don't think that what we say can hurt others.

Lets drop this and go back to helping each other or on my case helping me........lol

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back