Just got home the Vmax is here! and to be honest..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i rode on it today for a few hours its a beast. i walked out to it after work and was like ...wow a vmax.... holy shit thats MY vmax....

itll sink in eventually, it seems like its too good to be true.

is it even possible to wide open throttle these bikes in 1st and second gear? i mean i have to let off, either to get the wheel down, or straighten it back up..
it gets my adrenaline going every time

i had it up to 110 but it has a lot more to go.

and yep, we race go karts here locally, we decided back in june we were going to buy 1 for my little brother to see if hed get into it. we now own i think 7? everyone races. if i can get a M-F job i'm going to race the run what you brung class and find a CBR motor or something.

Don't you just love that feeling? Then when you ride somewhere and are walking inside, you turn around 15 bazillion times just to look at it....while smiling :)

I do that every day :)
I admired my max for like four months before riding. I always look at it at least twice before going into the house.

i rode on it today for a few hours its a beast. i walked out to it after work and was like ...wow a vmax.... holy shit thats MY vmax....

itll sink in eventually, it seems like its too good to be true.

is it even possible to wide open throttle these bikes in 1st and second gear? i mean i have to let off, either to get the wheel down, or straighten it back up..
it gets my adrenaline going every time

i had it up to 110 but it has a lot more to go.

I know exactly what you mean. I've had mine for 2 weeks and I still can't believe it! And all that power with a flick of the wrist.

I have mine for about a month. I traded an old Nighthawk even for it. Its nasty and barely runs. It has no brakes and every piece of plastic is cracked. And yes, having a VMax again is very exciting. I can't believe I sold my 92 to buy an R1 all those years ago. This bike alway made me happy. In some ways my RatMax makes me happier. Its such a pieve of crap I never have to wory about. Right after fixing the brakes I took it to a Sportbike trake Day and control rode on it. It was so much fun smoking sportbikes down the straights. Even if it was scary in the turns.

8f06e06c.jpg
:punk::punk::punk::punk::punk:

congrats on the vmax dude, sounds like a great deal you got from sean.

I do that every day :)
I admired my max for like four months before riding. I always look at it at least twice before going into the house.

I'm doing that each time, I let the bike in the basement of the office. I thought I was going insane.
So I'm not alone to do it hahaha :rofl_200:

ive found that the biggest adrenaline rush for me other than amost flying off the road while accelerating is going into a turn too fast.

so i made a game i play with myself, i put it in say, 3rd gear and try to hit vboost at 7k before i hit the turn by just mashing the throttle.

the leaning over bouncing off the road feeling is the most adrenaline i can get. i just get so focused on trying not to die that i dont feel ANYTHING. :stretche:

the next meal you eat will be the best one you've ever tasted.

ive found that the biggest adrenaline rush for me other than amost flying off the road while accelerating is going into a turn too fast.

so i made a game i play with myself, i put it in say, 3rd gear and try to hit vboost at 7k before i hit the turn by just mashing the throttle.

the leaning over bouncing off the road feeling is the most adrenaline i can get. i just get so focused on trying not to die that i dont feel ANYTHING. :stretche:

I'd just like to say it's been nice knowing you, mattness. :shot:

Not to spoil your fun matt but I can post of pic of my buddy scott laying in front of an F250 with his bike buried in the front end. Needless to say he didn't make it. I estimate he was well into the tripple digits when he it (wasn't his fault but that didn't matter).

Respect the bike if you want to keep riding it.

Sean

ok i dont know if this is normal or not but once the fuel light light comes on how many more miles do i have left?

so far its come on at 68, 62, and 69.

Damn man, You must be nothing but running it hard or no highway miles. I filled it up with 80 some miles before you got here and the light still wasn't on. Under normal cruise conditions you should go 110-120 miles to the red light.

Sean

ok i dont know if this is normal or not but once the fuel light light comes on how many more miles do i have left?

Confused by what you're saying here.. :ummm:

Tank holds 4 gal of gas, of which 0.8 is the reserve.

Depending on how you ride, you should get between 80 and 120 miles out of a tank before the fuel light comes on.

Lots of Vboost = 80-90 miles. Grandma' cruising = 110-120 miles.

So, taking 100 as the average, if you did 100 miles with 3.2 gal, 0.8 (the reserve) should give you approximately another 25 miles.

Also, the Max tank is a bitch to fill up - when it gets near the top you have to squirt a little bit in at a time if you want to get the full 4 gal in there..

Hope this helps.

I do the same with a fuel leak on the carb and a bad tuning (working on it).
Good thing, the bike coming from Sean, else I will have been worry for you :biglaugh:

I do the same with a fuel leak on the carb and a bad tuning (working on it).
Good thing, the bike coming from Sean, else I will have been worry for you :biglaugh:

dang i might need to get that checked out.

is the vmax supposed to "chirp" the tire when you shift up or am i letting the clutch out too fast or shifting too slow.

it chirps when i shift down too.

whats the top speed on these? mine seems to run out of steam earlier than i'd think it should, but it seems like its running good but ive never run another one. its like it cant breathe past 110 mph, could it just be because the stock exhaust and maybe its running a little rich?

Top speed is around 150 but of course it won't pull as hard the farther up the scale you go. It should pull to approx 120mph in 4th before you even shift to fifth.

Sean

ya as far as i know ive filled roughly 3.3ish gallons each time.

ya i might be boosting a little bit.

and i might be stop light fighting a little bit but come on

Latest posts

Back