Keep the max shiny

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugla

Reaction score
Hey guys, has anyone heard of or tried SC1's clear coat???(think its called that):ummm: Have a buddy that use's it on his moto-x after washing. Its in a spray can, contains silicon and naphtha which you find in fuels like jet B. He lightly sprays on waits a little and wipes down, makes the bike's plastic really shine afterward. Just wondering if anyone has tried it on the max, almost same effect as putting on wd-40 on a rag.

Hey guys, has anyone heard of or tried SC1's clear coat???(think its called that):ummm: Have a buddy that use's it on his moto-x after washing. Its in a spray can, contains silicon and naphtha which you find in fuels like jet B. He lightly sprays on waits a little and wipes down, makes the bike's plastic really shine afterward. Just wondering if anyone has tried it on the max, almost same effect as putting on wd-40 on a rag.

I'd be worried that the silicon buildup over time will fade white from the sun.

I won't use silicon on anything... Silicon can cause a lot of issues down the road.

A moto-x bike is in pretty harsh conditions so I understand why he does it.

Chris

makes sense i never use silicon on my car, also makes it a nightmare when you got to paint anything again. thx for clearing up what i was already thinking.

EXACTLY! Plus silicon and rubber and vinyl don't go well together and silicon turns gelcoat (boats) yellow.

EXACTLY! Plus silicon and rubber and vinyl don't go well together ......

I dunno 'bout that. I think silicon and rubber go quite well together :clapping:

Attachments

• 83482704_WpTUsd8X_F12007_gil020.jpg
    83482704_WpTUsd8X_F12007_gil020.jpg
    67.2 KB
  • 83482705_D9dEGHdp_F12007_gil024.jpg
    83482705_D9dEGHdp_F12007_gil024.jpg
    63.6 KB
  • 83482710_YpLj13kk_F12007_gil089.jpg
    83482710_YpLj13kk_F12007_gil089.jpg
    86.5 KB
Ya got to love her:clapping: .. Gentlemen, I give you Michele Levesque:punk:

Attachments

• chelle2.jpg
    chelle2.jpg
    77.2 KB
  • chelle3.jpg
    chelle3.jpg
    76.4 KB
  • chelle4.jpg
    chelle4.jpg
    80.4 KB
  • chelle5.jpg
    chelle5.jpg
    71.4 KB
  • chelle6.jpg
    chelle6.jpg
    344 KB
  • MicheleLevesque.jpg
    MicheleLevesque.jpg
    49.6 KB
  • MicheleLevesque2.jpg
    MicheleLevesque2.jpg
    62.4 KB
silicone is bad, naphta is what gives zippo lighters their unique smell, believe its also a component in napalm, so that being said, doesn't belong on a bike
Stick tothe mainstrem stuff like McGuires or Mothers or some ofthe other really great things out there.

I've used the polish in a can that had the Honda label on it for several years. Shines up very nice on several bikes I've owned. It won't polish out fine scratches like Maguires does, but works well on paint that is in good shape.

GP

Latest posts

Back