Kerker 4 into 1 rattle

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the rear header pipes - I took a pipe expander and widened the 2 header pipes so that they were a snug fit. should solve your problem easy enough.

Mike

Ah yes, sounds good. I'd think there would be very little expanding required, as this fit is pretty snug as it is.

Weld a small section of tube on the outer pipe parallel to the opening. Then with a cut off wheel you can slice through the center. Now you have a way to install a pinch bolt and snug it together.

IT could Possibly be the KERKER tin(name plate) thats rivited to the can also. If my memory serves me:ummm: I may have had to rerivit one of those in the past:confused2:

Dannymax , It scared the hell out of me, sounded great under a load!

IT could Possibly be the KERKER tin(name plate) thats rivited to the can also. If my memory serves me:ummm: I may have had to rerivit one of those in the past:confused2:

It's pretty hard for me to pinpoint the rattle, but I'm sure it's coming from the general area where the rear pipes enter the collector, and there's nothing else around there that seems likely. I'm going to get myself some 1-1/2" clamps and see what happens.

I had a chance to play around with my 4-1 Kerker exhaust a little. I seem to have another rattle, or the one I had wasn't where I thought it was. Seems like it's coming from the area where the can connects to the large pipe. I removed the clamp. Is there a gasket of some kind between the can and the pipe? Seems pretty well stuck in place and I can see what looks like a broken piece of gasket in one of the pinch slots.

Back